A None Stolen EBay Rolhoff Bike!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brand

Bugger meant NON
Read it and weep

[Mod edit: Link removed]

Unlike other sellers he supplied Rolhoff serial number and shop he bought it from even the name of the salesman.
Proud to say I won't buy stolen bikes!

Last edited by a moderator:
So you are posting a thread about a bike that was not stolen? In "Stolen Bikes"? Quite bizarre.

OP
OP
B

brand

So you are posting a thread about a bike that was not stolen? In "Stolen Bikes"? Quite bizarre.
Or Alternatively it could be viewed as how not to buy stolen bikes and therefore not fuel bike crime.
I would have thought that was obvious?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Bugger meant NON
Read it and weep

Unlike other sellers he supplied Rolhoff serial number and shop he bought it from even the name of the salesman.
Proud to say I won't buy stolen bikes!

I can't see where he provides the name of the shop he bought it, or the salesman, or the serial number of the hub.
Are you the guy who recently had a thread deleted where you called some other ebay seller a thief?

GC

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaun

Founder
Moved from the Stolen Bikes forum - but I don't see the point of the thread? Link to eBay seller who isn't doing anything dodgy?

OP
OP
B

brand

I can't see where he provides the name of the shop he bought it, or the salesman, or the serial number of the hub.
Are you the guy who recently had a thread deleted where you called some other ebay seller a thief?

GC
He gave me all the info by email I checked it. Including emailing Rohloff the hub number. I will get back to you on the other question.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

brand

GC
The ebay seller you are talking about received a link to my "rant" on this site from a person in the thread. This site was threatened with litigation and obviously removed it. Later that day I got this eBay email
"Dear ???

http://www.cyclechat.nethief-selling-rohloff-on-eba
I recommend you halfords they sale legit bikes
also ask may be police need the dog ? "

- rohloff201

No idea what the dog bit is about.
The bloke I spoke to at Rohloff has had 3 Rohloff bikes stolen. All the bikes the eBay bloke was selling were German or exported to Germany.
I have deleted part of the link even though it is dead, as leaving it in full would lead back here? Also removed one of the numbers in the sellers user name

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

brand

Moved from the Stolen Bikes forum - but I don't see the point of the thread? Link to eBay seller who isn't doing anything dodgy?
Merely pointing out how not to buy stolen bikes, although clearly I have not done it very well. Also he has not got a vast array of Rohloff equipped bikes. Ask questions be suspicious. Should have added that as well!

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
The ebay seller you are talking about received a link to my "rant" on this site from a person in the thread. This site was threatened with litigation and obviously removed it.

That'll be a 'yes' then. Although I suspect you'll find that the site owner removed your thread before any threats from the aggrieved party.

Read it and weep

Read it and weep? You bought a bike that you are satisfied isn't stolen; what do you want, a medal?

GC

Shaun

Founder
Merely pointing out how not to buy stolen bikes, although clearly I have not done it very well.

Clearly. I've removed the links and would ask that you stop linking to individual eBay sales unless you have a specific interest in buying the items and want to canvas the opinion of the membership as to whether it is a good deal or not.

If you want to offer advice on buying bike gear from eBay then start a generic thread to do so - but don't link to specific sellers or items.

Thanks,
Shaun

OP
OP
B

brand

That'll be a 'yes' then. Although I suspect you'll find that the site owner removed your thread before any threats from the aggrieved party.
Not according to the moderator who said it was removed because of the threat. So talking about something you have no knowledge of...you strike me as someone who does that a lot.

Read it and weep? You bought a bike that you are satisfied isn't stolen; what do you want, a medal?

GC
your "what do you want medal" is a similar type of statement as the ebay seller
"also ask may be police need the dog ?"
Pointless.
Although it is nice to be proved right.... so so so nice. It gives me a warm feeling all over. Me being right appears to give you a different feeling.... indignation??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom