a puncture a week... time for new tyres...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

joanna

weirdly all my punctures come from the footpath/cycle lane that runs along side a dual carriage way. I've had glass, metal splinters, shards of metal, stones, thorns... the footpath is never or only rarely used by pedestrians, only cyclists so don't really know why there should be so much debris on it!? Never had a puncture on the streets of Brighton. I guess the streets are cleaned up but the footpath never is. Literally everything seems to go through the all-condition, and despite the guy in the bike shop saying that he doesn't think I should change them - I think I should.

i rarely ride in the gutter, and am constantly checking my tyres for debris that could become embedded. I've become very puncture paranoid!! Think I've just been unlucky :sad:. Off to get some new tyres today :smile:

thanks for all your replies

NotFabian

EACC
I had a bad run of punctures recently too, on 2 different bikes, 2 on the rear of the commuter, 1 on the front, and 1 on the front of the roadie on the club run...all in 4 days!
Got really pi**ed off. I look after my tyres, check them for foreign bodies before runs, sometimes it just happens.
As a "I'd try anything" measure while getting more inners tubes I bought hard plastic tyres liners from decathlon for the commuter for £9, added a bit of weight but fingers crossed.

jpb

i used to get punctures but i bought some of the innertubes with the slime in so if a puncture happens... it repairs itself. they are around £8 each and i've not had a puncture for 700 miles now (touch wood).

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I also have Bontrager Hardcase on my Trek Hybrid, never had to do anything to them, ever...........country roads and London streets. Thats over two years of riding, they do need changing though.

Top Bottom