A question about CO2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Is it possible that a 26 ton near 8 litre diesel lorry can emit zero CO2?

I'm trying to work out the CO2 emissions for deliveries and I'm kinda gobsmacked at the haulier's assertion that modern trucks are zero rated, here's the proof -

From the GOV.UK site

1644145739723.png

Surely this can't be right. Am I being a bit thick?

si_c

Guru
Clearly not the case. Looks more like someone didn't type in the CO2 figure for it. Not going to look at Mercedes Trucks online but I'm sure that someone could find the correct figure easily enough.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Not sure where you got the table of data from, but, it is not uncommon for CO2 figure to be omitted from registration document. That doesn’t of course meant it is zero.

My car is a diesel (not 8 litres of course), and it is zero VED. It is Euro 6 classification.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Is there a chance that some manufacturers have gigantic CO₂ offset programmes that enable them to claim zero emissions for all their vehicles? If so, it should not be allowed in my opinion.

CXRAndy

Guru
Is it possible that a 26 ton near 8 litre diesel lorry can emit zero CO2?

I'm trying to work out the CO2 emissions for deliveries and I'm kinda gobsmacked at the haulier's assertion that modern trucks are zero rated, here's the proof -

From the GOV.UK site

View attachment 629849

Surely this can't be right. Am I being a bit thick?

You could do a rough calculation, with the mpg figure. Then using other vehicles with known C02 figures per mile. Apply that. There wont be much between manufacturers.

Obviously the truck manufacturers are hiding the humongous pollution figure s

DRM

Guru
Is there a chance that some manufacturers have gigantic CO₂ offset programmes that enable them to claim zero emissions for all their vehicles? If so, it should not be allowed in my opinion.
I think there’s something in that, Suzuki had to stop selling the Jimny with it’s 1.5 litre engine, despite not being able to build them fast enough, all down to emissions, yet Mercedes get away with selling a 6.3 litre V8 G-Wagen to drug dealers and footballers, it beggars belief.

Top Bottom