A question about ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fastpedaller

Good to hear that it worked out for the OP, I also had doubts.
A (sort of related) funny story.......

We had a pine 'rocking chair' that my Wife had when our baby was very small. After it (the chair, not the baby) languishing in the garage for several years we decided to sell it via Ebay. Not worth a lot £6 or so IIRC. After the sale I noticed the buyer was from Southampton (we were living in Essex at the time) so I had my doubts he would pick up. He sent us an email saying he'll be collecting in about 3 weeks 'is that ok?', to which of course the reply was 'no problem'
The collection day arrived and he took it out and rolled up the back of the van, and inside were several, similar rocking chairs. I asked (as he had a table in the back as well) if it was for 'rocking Sunday lunches' :laugh:
He had a shop, and stocked it with all sorts that he collected all over the Country.

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
@Scaleyback that is good news for all involved
There is a guy based locally who buys cyclo-cross bikes only and they go to eastern Europe as the supply out there is non existent

I am a little ashamed to admit the obvious foreign influence that came through in the poor communication, admittedly along with other factors led me strongly to suspect the possibility of a scam. I hold myself in contempt for my lack of trust. The buyer has since the pick up messaged me with apologies for the delays and thanking me for my patience. 🤐

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My daughter is looking at buying a not inexpensive graphics tablet for Uni off ebay. She's very worried as she got scammed off Etsy for a Nintendo, but at least that was refunded. She's asked me to check the listings. There are a couple of tablets that will probably go for £600-£800 and a four hour return drive, but we can at least check it before handing over cash - all are cash on collection as it's a 27 inch graphics tablet - New are a few grand.

Listings so far are a bit limited on description

Fastpedaller

Have you tried any of the 'refurbished stock' companies who refurbish laptops and towers, previously used by large companies who lease them for a couple of years and repeat? We bought a tower (pre-covid era) for £62 and it was the best bargain we've ever had.
Off these people ..... Gigarefurb based in Manchester area.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Have you tried any of the 'refurbished stock' companies who refurbish laptops and towers, previously used by large companies who lease them for a couple of years and repeat? We bought a tower (pre-covid era) for £62 and it was the best bargain we've ever had.
Off these people ..... Gigarefurb based in Manchester area.

Keeping an eye on that too. Anyway, back on topic.

Top Bottom