A Question For Coffee Drinkers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
If it's an espresso machine on the cheap that you're after, and you don't mind second hand, keep an eye on eBay.

Because of their weight they're often sold as collection only which cuts down the field of potential bidders.

I've seen good quality machines go for £20-30.

pawl

Legendary Member
A Cafetiere should work well if you put enough coffee grounds in, about 3 times as much as you'd put in a cup of instant coffee. :eek: per cup.
A lot of people think its just the same as instant but that has been concentrated whereas you only get the flavour from the grounds and then discard them.
I have just bought a Lacafetiere., works like a coffee perculator.
Go to www.lacafetiere.com

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7 what kind of coffee is it that you want?

Lattes/espresso/cappuccinos that you get in Costa, or just good filter coffee?

TBH I dont really know/understand the different types of coffee...........I drink it long i.e. a standard cup with milk ---no sugar. I've never tried those small cups of dark looking coffee (is that espresso??)

andyfraser

Über Member
Yes, that's espresso. I personally use a filter machine with a timer. I set it up at night and it makes the coffee in the morning. I like espresso but my favourite coffee comes from a cafetiere. To get the best from your chosen machine comes down to experimenting with the coffee and amount of coffee until you get it how you like it.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Moka pot for me... and instant at work.
HOWEVER... having been a total coffee fiend most of my adult life, I've recently stopped (except occasionally) drinking coffee after midday...I'm sleeping so much better!!! :becool::smile::smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
If I'm forced to drink instant coffee this stuff is waaaay superior to Nescafe and has a nice rich smokey flavour:

http://www.percol.co.uk/instant-coffee.html#nice4

172290.jpg

andyfraser

Über Member
I'm tempted to try that but every time I've tried an instant that's been recommended or is supposed to taste like ground coffee it actually just tastes like instant.

Top Bottom