A question for the ladies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Definitely have been in ones with men symbols on the door, but tending to be in locations where there is just one loo each for male and female, so it would make more sense for them both to be unisex. I also seem to remember an horrendous queue for the ladies at Ogmore beach at temporary loos. I ended up in the gents there with quite a few other ladies. Normally I just stand in the queue looking enviously at the lack of queue for the men!

tony111

Veteran
I don't mind ladies using the gents.I JUST WISH THEY'D LEAVE THE SEAT UP.

Reactions: akb

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Definitely have been in ones with men symbols on the door, but tending to be in locations where there is just one loo each for male and female, so it would make more sense for them both to be unisex. I also seem to remember an horrendous queue for the ladies at Ogmore beach at temporary loos. I ended up in the gents there with quite a few other ladies. Normally I just stand in the queue looking enviously at the lack of queue for the men!
Me too - what's the point in a cafe with two loos of having one labelled for each sex - they are both the same inside.

I have once or twice gone into a 'proper' mens loo (i.e the kind with urinals as well as stalls), but only after making sure it is empty first.

alans

black belt lounge lizard
I've been into the ladies many times in connection with work.

Of late I usually go into the ladies each Friday to satisfy my blind female stoker that the wc is clean & has toilet tissue,soap & taps that work.

I've used men's toilets more than once... usually in small locations where it is easy to check that there are no men using them such as café stops on bike rides :whistle: (or having had my OH check they were empty first)...

I also used to work as a cleaner in a factory that had Victorian men's urinals with a similarly old build up of urine deposits around them... :eek: it took me a few days to get them clean! :surrender:

Ganymede

Veteran
I could be mistaken, but ladies are reputed to do "other stuff" in their loos, not just take a p1ss. Talking to each other and looking in the mirror, I am told. I don't know if this is true but I have seen it in films.

They do that in the queue! Or over the washbasins afterwards.

TBF my chums and I often chat through the lav cubicle wall while micturating. But it doesn't slow down proceedings.

Ganymede

Veteran
Note the little cartoon picture on the wall to confirm who it is for.

I can't quite work out what the message "Please do not touch" on the white card is for. Are the women supposed to 'hover' above the urinal?
I think it's a demo model on display, not plumbed in!

If you're meant to use that facing forward, I just wouldn't, frankly.

pplpilot

Guru
i've used the ladies and disabled when theres no choice... equality and all that.

Bryony

Veteran
I've used the gents once the queue for the ladies was huge and only 1 of the 4 loos were working. I was desperate so quickly popped in the men's. There were a few guys in there they looked a bit shocked but when I explained the situation they were very understanding!

D

Deleted member 1258

I remember my first trip to Italy, queueing for a toilet and suddenly realizing it was a mixed queue. :ohmy: Recently I was at one of these places where there is one Gents and one Ladies, the Gents was occupied and I was bursting, when it got to the stage where I was about to fill my trainers I used the ladies.

Top Bottom