A question to what bike I should pick help!

Which one should I pick?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
They are the same bikes but in a different colour. Choose the cheapest or which colour you prefer.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Yep, same bikes right down to the last millimetre in the geometry charts. The only difference is the words used to describe the models. The brakes are 275 or 285 (these will be the same) and the 2018 frame is described as butted but this is not mentioned the following year? I will bet good money the frames are unchanged and it was described wrongly in 2018 or missed off in 2019. Either way, you can have the same bike for £425 or £475 depending which colour you want.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
By the way, I nearly always try to buy previous years models. This way you can get the best bargains, and sometimes even a better specification as many manufacturers will fit lesser components to try and keep the bike at the same price point as the older models rather than raising the price.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
What's its intended use? If using mostly on the road you really don't need the suspension forks and at this price point they'll likely be poor performers if going on heavily rutted ground.
Buying direct from manufacturer is not the best way to save money.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shad6030

shad6030

@I like Skol thanks for the help man I appreciate it!
@Cycleops i understand what you are trying to say but I am using this on road ;) plus I know what to do if it is heavily rutted road I have a way Thank you anyways!

FWIW avoid any form of suspension at this price point. It's wholly ineffective and just adds extra weight for zero benefit.

OP
OP
shad6030

shad6030

In fact I do but what can the talon 3 ride on and what it can’t ride on if you know what I mean

vickster

Legendary Member
In fact I do but what can the talon 3 ride on and what it can’t ride on if you know what I mean
Presumably it can ride on anything you can except maybe sheet ice (without special tyres) but it depends how you want to ride it (speed, stability etc)

If riding roads even if potholes, you don't need suspension or fat knobbly tyres especially if swifter progress is your aim

If riding complex, technical downhill off road, it probably isn't the most suitable either as a budget hardtail

Top Bottom