A Queue moan thread !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a darn good thing us Brits are good in a queue. Life is about queues these days...

Just taken about 30 minutes to visit the pharmacy and local bakery. 5 in front of me at the pharmacy and about 10 at the bakery. I'll given them the credit, the queue did move.

Gone are the day's of just nipping to the shop. :laugh:

Reward is a nice home made hotpot (from the bakery).

Drago

Legendary Member
Don't queue. as cyclists it's out divine right to ride straight to the front!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It took me over an hour at the weekend to pick up some nails from B&Q which cost less than £3.
Queue to get in for 40 mins and queue to pay for 20 mins. Bonkers.
It would usually take 5 minutes.
Luckily it was sunny, imagine doing that in the rain.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I went to iceland (the shop) yesterday. There were 3 or 4 people standing outside waiting to go in.....I did not queue.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have been going to the shops in the evening just before closing to avoid the queues but I needed a few things on Sunday when Lidl and Morrisons close at 16:00 so I went early for a change. I was surprised that there was no queue to get in at Morrisons, but worked my way round their new one-way system and eventually came upon a queue to the checkouts and escape. It took me 20 minutes to get to the point where I was able to self-checkout. It looked like another 5 minutes for those going to the tills. I will be better organised in future and avoid Sunday shopping!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I haven't been shopping for weeks. As I type my lad is doing the shopping on his bike as a break from school work. Most places are grasping the way to manage queues well, and if you get your timing right it's 10 minutes waiting, a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things??

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Whenever I buy food, once I'm past that queue it's all a bit academic with people brushing past quite close and no real controls in place. The only point I can see to the supermarket queuing now is that at least it controls the numbers in the shop. How effective that actually is, I couldn't say.
What I feel might help get the queues moving and keep infection down is (1) choose your damn yoghurt and move on, don't spend two minutes agonising... it ain't a life or death decision. There are people behind you who are waiting. And (2), stop manhandling every damn packet of ham. They're ham. Just pick one and go, and stop putting your mitts on things you're not going to buy.

Supermarket workers seem quite a brave / daft / not-bothered group... I assume they get sick and tired of waiting for people to move on so they can get the shelf restacked, and just go "Oh sod it". I can sympathise, seeing some of the dithering I see.
There are other demographics that don't seem bothered by distance either, but enough for today I think.

Drago

Legendary Member
It took me over an hour at the weekend to pick up some nails from B&Q which cost less than £3.
Queue to get in for 40 mins and queue to pay for 20 mins. Bonkers.
It would usually take 5 minutes.
Luckily it was sunny, imagine doing that in the rain.
B&Q do an excellent click and collect scheme. Order, turn up, go to the desk, collect goods, in and out in barely 2 or 3 minutes.

Lullabelle

Banana
I went into pets at home at the weekend, there was a long queue outside and only 1 member of staff on the till, I had a trolley and stacked everything in such a way that all barcodes were facing the till, however the people in front of me didn't, they faffed for ages trying to find each item and barcode-you would think some people didn't know how to shop :rolleyes:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This morning I have been to my local Morrison's, Asda and then Sainsbury's to do the big shop. Not a queue at any of them, walked straight in (after negotiating the slaloms :rolleyes:).
I'm not advocating that we all visit our shops willy nilly, just pointing out that queuing seems to have ended around here as the locals appear to have grasped the concept of less frequent, larger shops. I only did this as I was after something my usual sainsbugs doesn't stock. Morrison's are supposed to but were sold out so my visit to Asda was necessary and paid off.

Top Bottom