A Queue moan thread !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Go after 6 pm when they are all having their tea or watching soaps on tv.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It's a darn good thing us Brits are good in a queue. Life is about queues these days...

Just taken about 30 minutes to visit the pharmacy and local bakery. 5 in front of me at the pharmacy and about 10 at the bakery. I'll given them the credit, the queue did move.

Gone are the day's of just nipping to the shop. :laugh:

Reward is a nice home made hotpot (from the bakery).
Always puzzles me that phrase. How can it be 'home made' when its bought from a shop :wacko:?

Dave7

Legendary Member
I do our main shopping at Aldi which is approx 2 miles away. They have a 07.30-0800 slot for over 70s. You can't actually pay until 0800 but I can get all my purchases in the trolley.
On Monday I got our weeks shopping along with the shopping for the 95 year old aunty. About £120.00.....in, out and back home for 0820, painless ^_^

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It took me over an hour at the weekend to pick up some nails from B&Q which cost less than £3.
Queue to get in for 40 mins and queue to pay for 20 mins. Bonkers.
It would usually take 5 minutes.
Luckily it was sunny, imagine doing that in the rain.
I doubt there'll be a queue at all if it's raining.

I've been meaning to pop into Wilko's for a good two months now... but there's always a really long queue so i don't bother. Thing is, i can't even remember what i wanted.

@Dave7 , I have a shopping list for next Monday if you don't mind, theres a good chap.:okay:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Whenever I buy food, once I'm past that queue it's all a bit academic with people brushing past quite close and no real controls in place. The only point I can see to the supermarket queuing now is that at least it controls the numbers in the shop. How effective that actually is, I couldn't say.
What I feel might help get the queues moving and keep infection down is (1) choose your damn yoghurt and move on, don't spend two minutes agonising... it ain't a life or death decision. There are people behind you who are waiting. And (2), stop manhandling every damn packet of ham. They're ham. Just pick one and go, and stop putting your mitts on things you're not going to buy.

Supermarket workers seem quite a brave / daft / not-bothered group... I assume they get sick and tired of waiting for people to move on so they can get the shelf restacked, and just go "Oh sod it". I can sympathise, seeing some of the dithering I see.
There are other demographics that don't seem bothered by distance either, but enough for today I think.

May I add, at the Checkout, be ready, yes, it is necessary to pay, so, do have your purse/wallet/plastic card to hand, not, at the bottom of your handbag. ;)

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It took me over an hour at the weekend to pick up some nails from B&Q which cost less than £3.
Queue to get in for 40 mins and queue to pay for 20 mins. Bonkers.
It would usually take 5 minutes.
Luckily it was sunny, imagine doing that in the rain.

If you have a Toolstation or Screwfix near you they are much quicker and much cheaper than the big retail chain outlets.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I do our main shopping at Aldi which is approx 2 miles away. They have a 07.30-0800 slot for over 70s. You can't actually pay until 0800 but I can get all my purchases in the trolley.
On Monday I got our weeks shopping along with the shopping for the 95 year old aunty. About £120.00.....in, out and back home for 0820, painless ^_^

Didn't know that, I shall search out my nearest Aldi, if only for the wine ;)

numbnuts

Legendary Member
In my local Sainsbury the elderly stand by the checkout and start shouting the odds on the waiting time, with that one of the girls takes you to a self checkout and does it for you, I kid you not seen it twice. :angry:

Top Bottom