A Queue moan thread !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Our local chippy has employed delivery drivers now, order and pay online and delivered within and hour.

Ours does delivery too, but as they are close, I pick up, and leave deliveries for those that need them.

My son is working Friday and Saturday evening for Dominoes. Gets minimm wage, but £1.20 per delivery, and they average 3 an hour per driver, so it's around £10. He does around 3 hours, as folk aren't ordering as late at the moment - i.e. nobody at the pub..

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Harsh judgement there.
You have no idea what/how many items he bought.
If I am not buying a lot and have the bags stood up and open its just as quick to shove them ine the bag.

That's how it was. I don't use trolleys,so i bag at the till. Tonight an elderly woman bought many umpteen items and spent quite a while talking to the checkout girl. It might've been her only conversation of the day. Did i move in as if to say 'get a bloody move on'! No i didn't ,i kept my distance,not just because of social distancing,but also out of manners.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't use trollies, so I put stuff back in the basket and take it to the shelf. Selfish to bag at the till in that sort of store.
Local one, to me, has rendered the shelf unavailable. Due, I'm assuming, the 2 metre gap they've to provide.

Means that you bag at the till, or outside if using a trolley. Has the advantage of allowing more in when there's a restriction on the number allowed in.

classic33

Leg End Member
Cheshire?
Seperate County since 1st April 1974.

Slick

Guru
IMG-20200614-WA0005.jpg

Got dental appointment at last. Said I had to wait outside one out one in. Okay but you could easily sit 2 possibly 3 metres away from another person and have 4 in?
Not that I really care. 2 months of toothache means I can't give a shite hor far I am from everyone other than the dentist.

Top Bottom