A Queue moan thread !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If I snuff it or am incapacitated they'll be living off angel delight in the council's protect and survive type parcels.
I misread that as "angel dust" and wondered what the heck the council were playing at! :eek:

mjr

Like you order a fresh chicken and they give you chicken flavour crisps.....or vice versa.
I didn't get anything quite that insane but I can believe it. I gave up when they subbed mozzarella for mayonnaise. They're both white, begin with m and are sometimes found with salad, but I can't imagine many things where you'd sub one for the other!

lane

Veteran
I get an email in the morning saying what the substitutes are before I go. Not sure if at that point I can reject them.

mjr

I get an email in the morning saying what the substitutes are before I go. Not sure if at that point I can reject them.
I got that email sometimes but the click+collect paperwork is signed by the staff as "delivered and accepted" before I get there with no opportunity to reject. I guess I should go queue up to get in the shop and then queue again at customer services but that would rather defeat the point of click+collect IMO.

classic33

Leg End Member
I hadn't either until yesterday when there was a knock at my door. When I opened it I found a young man with a very strong Scottish (Glaswegian?) accent standing there. I struggled to catch what he was saying until he pointed at the XYZ Dairy logo on his shirt, then I realised that he was talking about starting a new milk round in the area. I thanked him but said I prefer to go out to buy it myself...

"Ok, nae worries, pal"!
Wonder if it was the same one that started their rounds, round here. Two live down Mytholmroyd. The accent bit sounds familiar.

MarkF

Guru
I went to the council dump, I turned left into it's road from traffic lights and 400m further I want to turn left into it, but was stopped from doing so by highly motivated hi-viz virus operatives. They said I had to queue to enter from the other side of the road, I looked across and could see where you were supposed to queue, it made sense to be fair, because on a busy day the queue from where I was might have clogged up the traffic lights. But.............there was nobody queuing on the other side of the road, patrolled by other motivated hi-viz virus operatives, so I asked "Couldn't I just go in" Nope, I had to queue, but there was no bleedin queue! So I drive a little further, turn around, drive back to the dump, am stopped, then allowed in. Brilliant!

I went to Sainsburys on Sunday afternoon, straight it, ace! Whilst shopping I noticed a lot of baskets (with produce) junked everywhere. Didn't think much of it till I went to pay for my stuff and then mine joined them.

Soon we'll be asked to get spending to get the economy going again, whilst it's simultaneously made as difficult as possible for us to do so. It's all a load of bollocks.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Cuts out the middle men! Delivers it direct to the local cats, badgers and passerbys!
The last time I had milkman deliveries it was often sour within a day or so... Roll on to the hottest days of that summer and I soon picked up why, he was delivering at around 11pm / midnight after I'd gone to bed, and the milk was sitting there for 8 hours plus in the warmth. Not a great business model for a perishable product!

Never seen any queueing at a coop in town. No one on the door controlling numbers ever. On the other hand the ducks that normally hang about the doors and occasionally walk in are not there anymore. Maybe I shouldn't have let the dog off the lead.

The last time I had milkman deliveries it was often sour within a day or so... Roll on to the hottest days of that summer and I soon picked up why, he was delivering at around 11pm / midnight after I'd gone to bed, and the milk was sitting there for 8 hours plus in the warmth. Not a great business model for a perishable product!
That's is because he was delivering milk near it's use by date. My milk is delivered 3 times a week I often forget and the milk can be in the caddy (therefore not visible) till the next day or even two days. Milk has never gone off even in the summer. There is normally a week left on it when delivered. Today's milk has the 18th on it. Deliveries are 3.30am (don't quote me!) Unless the replacement milkman is delivering then its 12.30 Which confuses the dog causing her to bark. And annoy me.
I should stress it's gold top, maybe that last longer?although you would think that would be considered when putting the date on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom