A Queue moan thread !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I normally do the shopping at Asda, circa 4pm. The queue is normally maybe 20 people, takes maybe 5 to 10 minutes to get in. I'm pretty relaxed about it, it's for everyones good right now, a minor pain.
Yesterday, it had been raining, was quite wet and miserable....yay, only 3 people in the queue.

So you can happily go shopping if the weathers a bit...errrm, carp.

Because it is parked in the car park at the front of store, radio on, book reading and waiting for the odd customer booking slot!
No it's not. Booking slots have to be filled by the previous day. Nor do I believe any supermarket would let staff sit in a carpark reading a book and listen to the radio on the off chance they may get a sudden order come in. If I could book a slot for an hour from now, are you saying a picker would suddenly appear rush of pick the order give it to the driver and he would start up his helicopter fly to my house and winch it down to me all within an hour. Ridiculous how can I refuse the substitutes?!

Last edited:
I normally do the shopping at Asda, circa 4pm. The queue is normally maybe 20 people, takes maybe 5 to 10 minutes to get in. I'm pretty relaxed about it,
Pity other people aren't. There are people dieing all around us (today I am doing gross exaggeration) and all they moan about is waiting in a queue which obviously results in the saving of thousands and thousands of lives (right over the top there)

Dave7

Legendary Member
Pity other people aren't. There are people dieing all around us (today I am doing gross exaggeration) and all they moan about is waiting in a queue which obviously results in the saving of thousands and thousands of lives (right over the top there)
What!! The people dieing all around you are moaning about the queue?? Well I never.

What!! The people dieing all around you are moaning about the queue?? Well I never.
Not sure I was talking about the same group of people!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Back to normal at Aldi last night. For a few months customers have observed the keep your distance rule,but last night i encountered my first since lockdown,stand next to me impatiently waiting while i bag my stuff ignorant customer. He was right in there,half way through my packing. This was about 9.30pm when the store was quiet,so no rush,but he just had to stand there as if to say 'get a move on'.:headshake:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Back to normal at Aldi last night. For a few months customers have observed the keep your distance rule,but last night i encountered my first since lockdown,stand next to me impatiently waiting while i bag my stuff ignorant customer. He was right in there,half way through my packing. This was about 9.30pm when the store was quiet,so no rush,but he just had to stand there as if to say 'get a move on'.:headshake:
What? At the packing shelf?

Or are you one of those people who insists on bagging at the checkout? In which case, two wrongs!

Mike_P

Guru
Got told off by another customer in Asda yesterday evening, I had not noticed the one way markings so was doing the opposite side of the aisle pass. How long will it be to get round bookshops if they impose one way systems?
Just off to queue at Waitrose, the free newspaper is worth it, they are only letting 30 customers on store at any time.

Last edited:
Got told off by another customer in Asda yesterday evening, I had not noticed the one way markings so was doing the opposite side of the aisle pass. How long will it be to get round bookshops if they impose one way systems?
Just off to queue at Waitrose, the free newspaper is worth it, they are only letting 30 customers on store at any time.
Waitrose
First 3 deliveries £20 of £100 ORDER, Not delivery. Will send you similar coupons regularly. Find something they stock but don't have a lot in store.
Give them as little time as possible to get the items in. I order what I want then top up the deliveries with something I am happy to have in abundance. For me it was there own brand perry. So £40 plus 30 bottles of Perry equals £100 minus £20. They never have 30 bottles of Perry in 10 max. So £60 minus £20. My best deal was always refunds where you got refunded more than you paid. Although I once got £80 shop for....nothing. They lost the order (obviously it was loaded on the wrong van). Either way I insisted they find it and deliver it. They did but they already refunded me. I only ordered from them when they had sacla number 11 truffle pesto in at half price.

So so good.

Top Bottom