A Rack For My Recumbent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I've been on the lookout for a while, and nowt is showing up, so looking for ideas. I'd like to fit a rear rack to my ICE Trice Q. I don't believe (from what I've read) that the current racks sold by ICE for the Adventure/Sprint etc will fit as they changed the rear section from the curved aluminium to a more conventional tube structure.
I will contact ICE to see if they have ay old stock, but wondered if anyone had done a DIY rack for thier recumbent trike? I'm thinking along the lines of picking up a cheap one and modifying...

we have custom made most of our racks as we find it easier than trying to find a purpose made one , personally I prefer the hamster bags as they look sporty
WP_20180211_12_47_02_Pro.jpg
WP_20180211_12_46_52_Pro.jpg

regards Emma

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
we have custom made most of our racks as we find it easier than trying to find a purpose made one , personally I prefer the hamster bags as they look sporty View attachment 395454 View attachment 395455

regards Emma
Hamster bags? Is that the side ones under the seat? I have a set of Radical side pods which I bought with the trike, but you can only put so much in them, largely done to the fixing method which relies on straps round the seat.

maclaren childrens pushchairs had a habit of falling backwards when loaded with shopping bags .
Hamster bags were made to eliminate the problem . Since then the hamster bags company went out of business but there are some on eBay.
These fit on a tube l fitted to the side of the seat , and are detachable and can be used as a shoulder bag. They have a 3 point mounting system with qr clips. They come in red , black and blue.

regards Emma

The old style rack used two mounting points.
The top mounting point where the seat back meets the frame.
Below that is another hole for the second mounting point.
You need to work out how much drop you'll need from the height of the rack to the top hole.
Then you need to work out how to stabilize the rack with a diagonal bar both sides down to the bottom hole.

Top Bottom