A Rack For My Recumbent

Discussion in 'Recumbents, Trikes and HPVs' started by cosmicbike, 11 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One..... Moderator

I've been on the lookout for a while, and nowt is showing up, so looking for ideas. I'd like to fit a rear rack to my ICE Trice Q. I don't believe (from what I've read) that the current racks sold by ICE for the Adventure/Sprint etc will fit as they changed the rear section from the curved aluminium to a more conventional tube structure.
    I will contact ICE to see if they have ay old stock, but wondered if anyone had done a DIY rack for thier recumbent trike? I'm thinking along the lines of picking up a cheap one and modifying...

2. voyager

voyager E- tadpole Triker

we have custom made most of our racks as we find it easier than trying to find a purpose made one , personally I prefer the hamster bags as they look sporty WP_20180211_12_47_02_Pro.jpg WP_20180211_12_46_52_Pro.jpg

regards Emma

cosmicbike likes this.
  3. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

I fitted a tortec expedition disc specific rack to the trike ( ^^^made by emma^^^) last week.. 394761-2727bde341d162b3ec6c981e394fdb94.jpg

cosmicbike likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One..... Moderator

Hamster bags? Is that the side ones under the seat? I have a set of Radical side pods which I bought with the trike, but you can only put so much in them, largely done to the fixing method which relies on straps round the seat.

5. voyager

maclaren childrens pushchairs had a habit of falling backwards when loaded with shopping bags .
    Hamster bags were made to eliminate the problem . Since then the hamster bags company went out of business but there are some on eBay.
    These fit on a tube l fitted to the side of the seat , and are detachable and can be used as a shoulder bag. They have a 3 point mounting system with qr clips. They come in red , black and blue.

regards Emma

6. voyager

close up
    WP_20180128_20_52_55_Pro.jpg

cosmicbike likes this.
  7. Tigerbiten

Tigerbiten Veteran

The old style rack used two mounting points.
    The top mounting point where the seat back meets the frame.
    Below that is another hole for the second mounting point.
    You need to work out how much drop you'll need from the height of the rack to the top hole.
    Then you need to work out how to stabilize the rack with a diagonal bar both sides down to the bottom hole.

classic33 and cosmicbike like this.
  8. Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo Über Member

One original ICE Q/T cantilever rack to suit 20" rear suspension versions
    popped on Ebay last night .:okay:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice