A rare Meeting today ,

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
After my ride today I had to walk a few miles through Richmond Park due to allocated Time. use for cyclists , whilst walking I saw a man and his son on a Brompton style tandem , Ecosmo I think it was called , there was a younger lad with them on a small MTB .
as I walked they had stopped , so I wandered over to have a look at the Tandem , they were very polite , The Dad explained that he was totally blind and that was why his Son , about 12 yo was upfront and navigating and controlling the Tandem , I was bowled over !
Firstly because of his confidence in his young Son , secondly because of the confidence of the Lad upfront and his knowledge of their Tandem , drive train and how and when to shift , plus talking his Dad through how he was cotrolling the ride ! , amazing , they live around the Hampton Area, so not around the corner , I assumed they were going home by peddling on the road , but possibly the Wife and Mother may have been waiting at one of the one of the gates In a motor , which would have made more sense , but anyway I doffed my cap them , brilliant way of Lads and Dads to have a Sunday ride , regardless of the impairment, ! 😊

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
That's amazing, I always think that kids can do a lot more then adults give them credit for.

BurningLegs

Veteran
A nice uplifting thing to read at the start of the week :smile:

It sounds like they have a great relationship. My son is only two, I hope we are as close as the father and son you met yesterday when my son is a similar age.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
A nice uplifting thing to read at the start of the week :smile:

It sounds like they have a great relationship. My son is only two, I hope we are as close as the father and son you met yesterday when my son is a similar age.
thanks @BurningLegs , yeah it was very positive . I have four , 3 lads and a girl , all adults now, I do not know why but the eldest lad has always bee very hard to get along with to the point where there is no communication at all now , it’s very saddening ,
but that’s life ‘
I’m sure you and your Lad will have some great adventures !!

Top Bottom