1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A rather unusual busker...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Melvil, 29 Sep 2007.

1. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Yep - this guy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/semi-detached/1459206881/

Does a headstand with his head in a bucket! I couldn't quite believe the colour of his head when he took a break a few minutes later and stood back up again - so purple it looked artificial...

so...What's the wierdest busking you've ever seen?

2. KitsuneAndy

KitsuneAndy New Member

This:

He's there several times a week.

3. OP
    OP
    Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Impressive synchronised puppetry!

4. longers

longers Veteran

Not quite busking but I met a scary punk a good few years ago. He got on our bus with his foot tall pink mohican, piercings and don't bovver boots. He was carrying a handmade sign which read
    He wasn't mute, just smashed.:biggrin:

5. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

A colour photo would be nice.

6. OP
    OP
    Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

It would, wouldn't it? You'll just have to imagine the extreme purple!

7. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

I thought I was seeing things when I saw this bloke a year or so back as I glanced out the bus window !

I've been told it's some sort of protest, and it's not 'busking', but whether that's true or not I can't say as I've never seen him when I'm on foot on Princes Street.

8. OP
    OP
    Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Well...he got quite shirty when people took pictures and didn't put money in his wee bucket (not me I hasten to add) so maybe it is a protest but I think he wants the money too!

9. stevenb

stevenb New Member

The puppet master looks very talented. X-Factor standard. Can you imagine Simon Cowel reviewing him.
    Not that I watch X-Factor...had the misfortune of having to do so at my friends once as his GF was watching it.

10. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I studied at UEA and was aware of the puppet man's great skills near the city's market. He was later forced to give up as his busking clashed with his claim for unemployment benefit. He was missed by all.
    But, on a trip back to Norwich in January, I was delighted to see him back performing again. :biggrin:

11. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

There used to be a bloke who stood outside the Poly in Wolverhampton throwing grenades. All day.