A ride around the Kent Countryside Saturday 12th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Come join the Bromley Cyclists for a ride around the Kent Countryside.

Day: Saturday 28th June

Meet: 09:00 London Bridge for the 9:18 train to Bearstead
or 09:20 Bromley South Station for the 9.34 train to Bearstead

Distance: 39 miles

Bearsted Circular - - Saturday 12th July 2008
(Nb Buy Return train Tickets To Bearsted !)

Gather at London Bridge Station in sufficient time to get the 09:18 train to Bearsted - say by 09:00 ...next to the main ticket hall - As yet I have nobody to serve as my official rep ..so hopefully someone who's been before before will gather the London Bridge contingent.

Or for those in the Bromley South area - Please be on the station Forecourt by 09:20 for the 09:34 train to Bearsted

NB - The London Bridge train arrives at Beasted at 10:11 - you will have 7 minutes to wait until Andrew and the Bromley contingent arrive .

The ride will drop south through Bearsted village and thence through Langley Heath and then a bit further south before heading East to Broadstone, from here we will proceed to Egerton, which is quite a charming village, thence to Pluckley and on to Little Chart . Upon leaving Little Chart we will head East Towards Hothfield then North toward Westwell. Going East from here into Charing, which is roughly the half way point (and has a station. Some may wish to go back from here)
Once past Charing we will ascend a rather steep hill to the Bowl Inn at Vent Ho (probably Vent House) which serves food all day and is 2/3 into the ride. This will be with the prior agreement of all as you may wish to eat earlier, but we should be able to get to the pub by 1.30 - 2pm
Upon our depart from the Bowl Inn we will have another 12 miles to go. Much of on a high plateau, with a stunningly swift descent into Hollingbourne 4 miles from the end, followed by a 3 mile stretch of the Pilgrim's Way .

At this point we shall be at Black Horse in Thurnham. Where I will see if anyone wants an ale or two with those that wish, but fear not, we will see that you all get to Bearsted Station again ..which is only 1.5 miles away down a hill.

I will look out the various train timing and have those ready at hand - for the homeward trip .

This ride has a fair few lumpy bits ... only one of great size ...but nothing that a reasonably determined cyclist cannot cope with.

Overall Distance - 39 Miles
Total Ascent 2404 Ft
Total Descent 2397 Ft

My contact email is : kayacan@aol.com
My Mobile is : 07717693701

Top Bottom