A roadie tries a Brompton...

Discussion in 'Folding Bikes' started by Kell, 22 Nov 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kell

Kell Über Member

2. alicat

alicat Guru

Does anything happen on the video beside a roadie trying a Brompton? Before I expend 8.46 mins of my life on it?

3. Threevok

Threevok Purveyor of Quality Meets

:laugh:

and does the car chase look real, or just tacked on ?

4. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Just an advert for a clown bike, no mention of the negatives.

Ffoeg, mustang1 and Yellow Saddle like this.
  5. Silvercloud

Silvercloud Senior Member

Loved this :smile:

6. ukoldschool

ukoldschool Well-Known Member

Negatives?

I certainly learnt something, and that's that 2 of the 'other carriage 'proper' Bromponist's I see every morning on the 7.47 from St Albans are apparently racers....

Milkfloat likes this.
  7. rogerzilla

rogerzilla Guru

If you get an S-type, you're reasonably tall (so there is a bit of drop to the bars from the saddle) and you use the firm suspension block with a jubilee clip around it, it's not too bad for faster riding. Bar ends really help for climbing, and so do closer-ratio gears. The latter involves advanced tinkering.

8. Ian H

Ian H Guru

Michael Hutchinson wrote that he annoyed the occasional roadman by passed him on his Brompton.

9. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

When I was Brompton-ing... It was a regular occurrence for me on my commute. I can confirm roadies do not like it ^_^

10. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

They get especially upset as they went for a carbon super bike to make up for their deficiences.

11. simongt

simongt Über Member

The GLW & I both have Bromptons among our other bikes and we love them - ! They do exactly what it 'says on the tin'; mixed mode transport. We both use them for wizzing around the city for shopping, going to the pub, flicks etc.. :bicycle: I'll often take mine into a shop, fold the rear wheel so it sits unsupported and I've yet to have any negative comments from shop staff. The Brompton's character appears to make it acceptable for such occasions. :thumbsup: And yes, we do often get admiring / interested glances & comments from folk. Around the city we find Bromptons more fun than full size bikes. Can't explain why, they just are - ! ^_^

Fab Foodie likes this.
  12. trewlis

trewlis Regular

Good review of the bike.

13. Being a new Brompton owner I am quite surprised how many Brompton owners think it is something other than an every day run of the mill bike. Suggesting taking it gravel and you are regarded as a heathen in some quarters. Its a "City Bike", it says it on the box.

Well my City bike is loving getting dirty on the farm and gravel tracks in Denmark.

tinacha2 and Dogtrousers like this.
  14. 12boy

12boy Über Member

To parody the Beach Boys.....
    She had fun, fun, fun till
    Her daddy took the Brompton away.

simongt likes this.
  15. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

Sad post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice