A roadie tries a Brompton...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
Does anything happen on the video beside a roadie trying a Brompton? Before I expend 8.46 mins of my life on it?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
If you get an S-type, you're reasonably tall (so there is a bit of drop to the bars from the saddle) and you use the firm suspension block with a jubilee clip around it, it's not too bad for faster riding. Bar ends really help for climbing, and so do closer-ratio gears. The latter involves advanced tinkering.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Michael Hutchinson wrote that he annoyed the occasional roadman by passed him on his Brompton.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Michael Hutchinson wrote that he annoyed the occasional roadman by passed him on his Brompton.

When I was Brompton-ing... It was a regular occurrence for me on my commute. I can confirm roadies do not like it ^_^

simongt

Guru
The GLW & I both have Bromptons among our other bikes and we love them - ! They do exactly what it 'says on the tin'; mixed mode transport. We both use them for wizzing around the city for shopping, going to the pub, flicks etc.. :bicycle: I'll often take mine into a shop, fold the rear wheel so it sits unsupported and I've yet to have any negative comments from shop staff. The Brompton's character appears to make it acceptable for such occasions. :thumbsup: And yes, we do often get admiring / interested glances & comments from folk. Around the city we find Bromptons more fun than full size bikes. Can't explain why, they just are - ! ^_^

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Being a new Brompton owner I am quite surprised how many Brompton owners think it is something other than an every day run of the mill bike. Suggesting taking it gravel and you are regarded as a heathen in some quarters. Its a "City Bike", it says it on the box.

Well my City bike is loving getting dirty on the farm and gravel tracks in Denmark.

Top Bottom