A Roads?!?!?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lillyhobo

lillyhobo

It HAS been suggested before - by me, in the first reply to your original post! :okay: :laugh:
Haha sorry mate! Well done @ColinJ and @andrew_s

OP
OP
lillyhobo

lillyhobo

Glad you're finding cycle.travel useful (it's my site!).

One thing that might be particularly relevant - it uses the DfT traffic counts (mentioned upthread) as part of the route choices. So it'll be happy with an A road with 1,000 cars a day, but not 20,000 a day.

Hi @Richard Fairhurst

Thats an amazing feature! Great work with the site. I'm borrowing a friends Garmin 1000 Edge for the ride. I'm guessing I'll be able to upload my intended route on to it via your site no worries?

Forgive my ignorance however I've never used a route planner or device for a self supported journey this big before. I've only ever rode as part of groups where the route is all organised.

Any info would be great, cheers Richard.

Best, Al

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I used to work on the theory that if it was an A road with a higher number it was generally quieter. The system worked quite well for me till last year when I plotted a route from Oxford back home, 1st day saw me cycling on the A421 near Milton Keynes & it was a touch busier than I would have liked :ohmy: So that system is now scrapped. I'll take a look at using http://cycle.travel/map next time I'm plotting a route in unknown areas, cheers guys :okay:

Top Bottom