A Round robbing for thickheads...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
What a gross and irresponsible waste of money. So much more could be achieved with each £35,000 and we wonder why the earth is screwed.

No revolution involved - I believe from the article it is mixed by hand....

he drink will be mixed in the presence of two security guards, who will then watch over the client's table until it is finished.

sad ba$tards, some people earn far less than that in a year, and i mean earn, not have bucketfuls of money thrown at then for poncing around.

Melvil

That's modern life, man.

And, anyway, it reeks a bit of hypocrisy when we snort, sniff and yelp in derision at the above priced cocktail and then head down the road to Starbucks or wherever and buy a coffee that costs more than, say, a weeks wages in parts of Africa.

It's all relative.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
"It is so gauche, so crashingly crass, that everyone else will see the buyers as barely literate, as one step up from a potato. It will be one of those things that unite both the middle class and the old rich in a belief that the super-rich come out of some kind of primeval ooze."

I couldn't have put it better myself ;)!

bonj2

so if you order it then, do you have to phone up in advance and get an appointment to have it?
I presume you don't pay in cash?

so, it's £35,000. Let's do a breakdown: I'd guess that about 10% of that will be what it costs the bar for the actual booze, 30% will be the ring, and 60% will be profit for the bar.
The cost of the booze itself to the bar will be ridiculously overpriced though.

It's JUST BOOZE for god's sake:excl:-P:;) what's wrong wi' a pint o' blue nun?

bonj said:
interestingly though that it contains angostura bitters. I thought that was banned?

Widely used in drinking and cooking. Suspect you were thinking of something else but don't know what. Might you have been thinking of Absinthe?

Absinthe originated in Val-de-Travers, Switzerland as an elixir/tincture. However, it is better known for its popularity in late 19th and early 20th century France, particularly among Parisian artists and writers whose romantic associations with the drink still linger in popular culture. At the end of the 19th century over 2 million litres[2] of absinthe were consumed annually in France alone, and 36 million by 1910.[3] Further, absinthe was portrayed as a dangerously addictive, psychoactive drug; the chemical thujone was blamed for most of its deleterious effects. The Lanfray murders of 1906 caused a petition to the Swiss government leading to its prohibition in Switzerland, and subsequently other countries. By 1915, it was prohibited in a number of European countries and the United States.
Though it was vilified, no evidence shows it to be any more dangerous or psychoactive than ordinary alcohol.[4] A modern absinthe revival began in the 1990s, as countries in the European Union began to reauthorize its manufacture and sale. As of August 2007 over 100 brands in a dozen countries are produced.[5]

domtyler

Über Member
bonj said:
interestingly though that it contains angostura bitters. I thought that was banned?

Really? I confess to having a bottle in my drinks cabinet, should I be phoning someone?

Top Bottom