A sister site?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@major...The reason I mentioned that it would ultimately be up to the owners of the forum if we merged with another one is because it would be a load of work for them to administer, they would have to collaborate with somebody they didn't know that well etc. As most people, I would imagine, administer forums for the love of it, rather than for the money, it would have to ultimately be their decision because of the time commitment involved. Doesn't mean to say that members views don't count though. I would hope that the forum owner would listen to its members. It's when money gets in the way that it all goes wrong, as we have already noted!

Blue

Legendary Member
unklehomer said:
What-ho

Another WMBer here... just wanted pop in and back up the vibe of this thread, we all seem to enjoy being on two wheels... and its groovy, sorry Blue got the W*^&er end of the mtb fraternity,Two wheels Good, Four wheels bad!!!

I did understand the level of intellect that I was dealing with.

For the record, I am more than happy to share any forum with Mtbrs. I started cycling on a cheap Mtb but then joined a group of roadies by putting slicks on my bike and working like a demon to keep up with them. Since then I have become 100% roadie and only rarely use the Mtb.

Like a lot of others, I think cycling is cycling irrespective of the type of bike. So, a heartfelt 'greetings' to everyone on the forum :?:

Emu

As a commuter cyclist only I felt the C+ forum was friendly enough with it's "commuter" bit for me to join in without feeling that I'm a lesser cyclist. I've come here because I'm hoping it's going to be just as friendly. I did have a look at the shecycles forum but it's emphasis is on MTB and competitive cycling and was a bit serious. I couldn't care less what kind of cycling people do so long as I'm not put down for the kind of cycling I do. I've learnt lots and have bought bits and pieces on the advice of other c+ forumers and I hope that's going to continue here.

OP
OP
M

majorbloodnock

@Kirstie, I know exactly what you mean, and you're right. Having said that, whilst I have nothing against a merger, that's not quite what I'm suggesting. Personally, I can see benefit from keeping two separate sites for the two disciplines, since that's obviously worked well in the past. However, I can also see benefit from forging close links between the two different sites so that each is pretty visible on the other, so that it's easy for any new cyclists who dabble in both disciplines to find the relevant communities and, hence, the information they want.

Of course, if merging were the best way to achieve that, I'd be perfectly happy to do so, although, of course, I have no administrative say in either forum.

Sorry if I've inadvertently misled.

Cab

alecstilleyedye said:
good fences make good neighbours. let's keep the forums separate, but welcome those from the other on the occasions they visit or, indeed, set up permenant residence.

Well said. There really isn't any reason why we can't have excellent relations with other sites, we're all cyclists! But theres also no reason to all merge together.

Shaun

Founder
Well, I'm quite willing to add a line to the footer of the forum pages along the lines of:

For other excellent cycling forums, visit: <link1> - <link2> - <link3> - etc.

If other sites wouldn't mind reciprocating, we can built the bridges and let people wander across if they want to. :?:

Cab

Administrator said:
Well, I'm quite willing to add a line to the footer of the forum pages along the lines of:

If other sites wouldn't mind reciprocating, we can built the bridges and let people wander across if they want to. :?:

Excellent idea.

Blue

Legendary Member
Emu said:
As a commuter cyclist only I felt the C+ forum was friendly enough with it's "commuter" bit for me to join in without feeling that I'm a lesser cyclist. I've come here because I'm hoping it's going to be just as friendly. .

I'll happily be your virtual friend :?:

Happy cycling mate.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cab said:
Administrator said:

Excellent idea.

Yup, that's the way to do it. Personally, I only have the time and inclination to frequent one forum, and as I never go MTBing, it's more likely to be this one than any with a lot of MTBers on, but there's no reason why we can't mix.

I do wonder if there's an age thing behind the lack of cohesion - but that's based on my spurious idea that MTBers tend to be younger, and chaps... (I know, I know, I'm wrong, but I just have a mental image. I think I get MTB and BMX mixed up in my head... :?: )

BTW, I'm a commuting-leisure-tourer, so I'm not really a roadie or an MTBer...

Top Bottom