A story about Halfrauds...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
My mate bought a stereo from Halfrauds. Cost him £90 plus £15 fitting.

He took it in to be fitted and when he returned they told him they couldn't fit it because his cigarette lighter wasn't working :huh: (what????) so they thought it must be a fuse, so they tried to replace it but in the process broke the fuse box compartment (he said glove box, so i presume he meant fuse box compartment, but this is Halfrauds we are talking about so i suppose they might have thought the fuses were kept in the glove box??? i mean, they thought the stereo had to be wired to the cigarette lighter)

Anyway, Halfrauds said they would pay for the damage, so off he goes to get a quote which is £200 quid. Halfrauds then said they weren't paying because that was too much, and an argument with head office ensues, and 6 months later they finally pay up. Then the guy books in for his stereo to be fixed and they tell him the voucher has expired (he didn't want to book it in before until they paid up) so he has to buy a new voucher.

so the stereo sits in his house for 2 years gathering dust. He then decides to ebay it, but no one buys it, so the wife suggests taking it back. Thinking he'd have no chance of getting his money back, but with nothing to lose, he decides to try his luck. He goes in and tells them he bought it a few weeks ago but doesn't have the receipt. the guy looks it up on the computer and it's now worth £149. So he gives him back £149.

profit of £34 ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
result..
biggrin.gif

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Am I the only one who would have given the £34 back :sad: Thereby returning him to a break even point?

The man deserves the £34 as he got his money back after two years. Think of the lost interest and the disappointent caused by the whole affair.
tongue.gif

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Blimey - Not a fab result, but better than nothing. TBH Halfords should have been using the ISO audio converter plugs, and nothing else. Many modern cars now have 'canbus' electronics, where a number of 'signals' go down the same wires, so aren't exactly live and negative wires these days - faffing with these can seriously screw the car up.

Top Bottom