A strange thing keeps happening.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Lisa21

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Well a good day and a bad day today......

GOOD:;)
Woke up and knee not hurting!! Sun blazing and no work today!!!:biggrin:Went for a brill ride and encountered two nasty hills-one of which i did and was very chuffed with myself....the other had me beat!Caught the sun a bit!:smile:

BAD::wacko:
Wanted to beat yesterdays miles and hit 30 but only managed 26.4.Weighed myself thismorning and have not lost an ounce:angry:I dont often get weighed as i prefer to go by how i feel and how my clothes fit but as i felt iv lost some as am feeling fitter and my fave jeans now fit with room to spare instead of a struggle to do up:blush:i jumped on the scales full of hope but they still say "lardarse" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Knee hurting again.

Got home, cleaned bikey (look after bikey and bikey will look after me) and had a shower.Back in work tomorrow(booo)so wont do much milage till the weekend where ill do my best to hit the 30 milestone (stop laughing you at the back....30 miles is a LOT for me!)

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
You should join the CC Cyclogs team Lisa. It's a fun way or tracking your miles and comparing. Follow the link in my sig if interested ;)

I think the weight thing can be deceptive also - much better to judge by the fit of clothes, as you have mentioned.

Keep it up!
SD

jimboalee

Let me say ,

1/ I have an allegy to chocolate, gives me bad headaches.

and

2/ One of my favourite 50 km 'quicky' rides is the No. 11, Birmingham Outer Circle bus route.

On the route is Bournville. Lindon Road by where the Bourne Brook enters the Cadbury's works, there is always the smell of chocolate wafting across the playing fields. UGGGGHHHHH ;)

OP
OP
Lisa21

Lisa21

Mooching.............
My Auntie used to work for Cadburys years ago-mainly with huge vats full of creme egg goo...she cant even look at chocolate now-the smell of it makes her sick. :tongue: Maybe thats what i need to do.........get a job in a choccie factory!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

And as for your "quickie" ride-i long for the day i am half as fit as you-I doubt i could do 50 in one go if i took all day:biggrin:

ACS

Legendary Member
jimboalee said:
Get a chocolate fountain in the corner of your bedroom. ;)

Can we see photo's of your first 'Vicar of Dibley' moment :biggrin:

Davidc

Guru
Lisa21 said:
Well a good day and a bad day today......

BAD::biggrin:
Weighed myself thismorning and have not lost an ounce:angry:I dont often get weighed as i prefer to go by how i feel and how my clothes fit but as i felt iv lost some as am feeling fitter and my fave jeans now fit with room to spare instead of a struggle to do up:blush:i jumped on the scales full of hope but they still say "lardarse" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:
Knee hurting again.

Don't worry about it. I've been cycling for longer than I like to think about, and the amount has varied hugely.

The big difference when I've been doing more cycling is that bits of me get firmer as I get stronger, and muscles get bigger. Sometimes my weight has actually gone up as my waist and bum have got smaller and my leg muscles have got bigger!

Muscle is much denser than fat so the scales may be saying "nice lean bit of rump steak" rather than "lardarse"! ;)

Your muscle to fat ratio is probably improving, which is a big health benefit, and your body's ability to deal with the sugar and fat in the chocolate is probably much better than before you got the bike.

Not likely but I'll say Hi if I go past you!

OP
OP
Lisa21

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Davidc said:
Muscle is much denser than fat so the scales may be saying "nice lean bit of rump steak" rather than "lardarse"! :thumbsup:

^
;)

Not likely but I'll say Hi if I go past you!

^
After gettin an eyefull of my rump steak, ha ha!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom