A stupid thing that made me happy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Today I did my 4.7 mile commute at an average of 20.3 mph!

The air was completely still and there was a mixture of sun and cloud around. I set off thinking my right knee felt a bit odd so I took it easy for the first part of the journey thinking "every journey doesn't have to be an attempt to go one better than the last one".

After having to wait behind an Audi Q7 driver to move away from a roundabout very slowly, I looked at my average and found it was still over 20mph so I decided to go for it and go for it I did! I kept my speed at a steady 21-22mph on the run into work and did the route in a shade under 14 minutes.

Now I wonder if I can make a 21mph average tomorrow...... :ohmy:

Methinks the ride home will be less fun though as it's now pishing down. ;)

Ben M

Nice one, always nice to hit that 20 average =]

Next try and avg 20mph for ten miles ;)

Tynan

Veteran
nice

I cruise at over 20 and hit stretches of 25 and even 28 with a tail wind in places, some whizzy 30+ coming down the Bow flyover

red lights means I average 15.7

grrrr

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep about the same as me mate.
Can hit up to 40 down Bromley Hill if I really push hard, but traffic lights and the blasted traffic soon puts a damper on the avg speed

Tynan said:
nice

I cruise at over 20 and hit stretches of 25 and even 28 with a tail wind in places, some whizzy 30+ coming down the Bow flyover

red lights means I average 15.7

grrrr

ianrauk said:
Can hit up to 40 down Bromley Hill ...

When your partner is going into labour you'll hit 45. When your bairn is 6 weeks old, and you've forgotten what sleep is, you'll struggle to hit 30.

Congratulations on your impending family (again).

Stig.

ps - I forgot that you've already forgotten what 30 is, ha ha ha! :rofl:

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I went through town tonight on my way home on account of the rain and a strong headwind. Slightly shorter route, going uphill on the way back so it took me 18 mins at 15mph average. I think I'm lucky that Stirling's not that busy so my average doesn't get too affected by lights etc. as long as I don't go through town.

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
HLaB said:
Well done Eldudino, was that on a mtb ? get that road bike and you'll be flying.

It was on my Trek that I took to the last CC ride....

Sport Hybrid... commuting on an MTB sounds so bad!

Top Bottom