A tale of two Taxis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stowie

stowie

Legendary Member
XmisterIS said:
So he's a two-hat to everyone, not just you! Lends weight to my theory that if someone drives like a two-hat around me on my bike, then they're probably an aggressive driver in general. Imagine how worked up and pissed of he feels every day in his cab - whereas when I'm in my car I am usually* a laid back, defensive, relaxed driver ... and I usually arrive at my destination feeling calm and relaxed. If I'm not, it's due to other circumstances; certainly not my driving!

* I have been known to flip my lid before, but not often and not for any great length of time!

Completely - I think the guy was just a tw@t with all traffic. When I am driving, I am very laid back - I tend to ignore angry or aggressive drivers. Also, I think as a cyclist, it has made me aware that fighting to get to the next inch of tarmac in 20 seconds instead of 30 seconds is utterly pointless and will just raise my blood pressure. I used to think that driving in light traffic around greater London would be quicker than cycling, but when you actually cycle, you realise most of a drivers time is spent at traffic lights, even with little other traffic around.

I get worked up on the cycle, because I am vulnerable, and the general attitude of some drivers to endangering you is appalling. And I feel powerless with it. I will try to take the moral high ground in future, besides cycling is generally far nicer than driving, some morons shouldn't spoil that.

Top Bottom