A taste of 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adasta

*yawn* what is this "traffic" you write about? Do we get any up here in Lancashire?

forest_of_bowland_traffic_jam.jpg

Total gridlock!

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca-HZ7qiR0I[/media]

JamesAC

For those who use the Greenway between Victoria Park and Stratford.
The View Tube will be closed for 5 months before, during and after the Games. I would guess that the Greenway will also be closed at the same time.

What with the express routes for VIP's which all other vehicles will be banned and pedestrian crossings are also being removed from these routes, London will become a gridlocked no go area for locals. So we can't get to the Games, won't be able to get around London and are paying for the privilege !

Do you have any info about the closure of the Greenway (not that it's been really open in the past couple of years)? Cheers.

tweedsteed

For those who use the Greenway between Victoria Park and Stratford.
The View Tube will be closed for 5 months before, during and after the Games. I would guess that the Greenway will also be closed at the same time.

What with the express routes for VIP's which all other vehicles will be banned and pedestrian crossings are also being removed from these routes, London will become a gridlocked no go area for locals. So we can't get to the Games, won't be able to get around London and are paying for the privilege !

Wahahahaaat??????? I use that path constantly to avoid the hellish Bow Interchange and get to my local DLR. It's taking the p*ss really. London will be hellish for months next year...

martint235

Dog on a bike
From what I can see the Greenway is an integral part of the plan for cycling into and around the Olympic area. Please provide links to details of the closures during the games.

stowie

Legendary Member
From what I can see the Greenway is an integral part of the plan for cycling into and around the Olympic area. Please provide links to details of the closures during the games.

Martin -here is an evening standard piece on Greenway olympic closure.

There are some rather strange yellow cage type contraptions at the Hackney Wick end of the Greenway (looks like they will be some kind of control), and at the ViewTube end, the path snakes down past the Crossrail construction site - which I believe will remain as is until after the Olympics.

The Bow flyover and A11 to Stratford will remain as is (ie. unbelievably cycling unfriendly) until after the games, thanks to Newham council blocking the CSH extension to the games. So, if the Greenway shuts, options going East to West appear somewhat limited if one isn't prepared to endure the Bow Flyover.

I understand that a bridge for pedestrians and cyclists is being constructed on one of the tow paths, but have no idea how this will fit in with the existing paths. I am assuming it will enable crossing North-South as opposed to East-West.

martint235

Dog on a bike

That would be laughable if it wasn't so stupid!! I've only recently discovered the Greenway thanks to the Sunday London rides but I really like it and as a quick route into the Olympic area, it's ideal. Typical of our powers that be to close it though. And the ViewTube, another great idea and great cafe so let's close it for the duration of the Games.

:sad::sad::sad:

cloggsy

Boardmanist
I'm glad I don't live in London!

+1 :smile:

Top Bottom