A timely reminder - Bike lights in October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am astonished that so many regular commuting cyclists ride like they stole it. Good lights are cheap, reliable and effective compared to the never-ready units we had to use in days of old.
Personally, my dynohub lights are never off. Sometimes in senso mode, sometimes ON.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I need lights for at least one way ony commute even in summer it's a bit dark at 1 am

Chislenko

Veteran
I went out for a long ride abroad once and subsequently got lost. I had been out for hours and didn't realise it had gone dark until I arrived home and took my sunglasses off!!

A sobering experience as for the last few miles I was on the main road with cars wizzing past so yes I would be forearmed with lights in future.

scragend

I call the midday meal lunch and the early evening meal dinner, and have for many years.

But when I was a kid my parents called the early evening meal Tea.

There's a chip shop down the road from here with its opening hours printed on the door. It opens in two blocks during the day, one for "lunch" and one for "tea". It always makes me smile.

They should have gone the whole hog and opened for "dinner" and "tea", but outsiders might have found that just a bit too much to get their heads round!

Top Bottom