A touch windy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As most people here might just have noticed, the weather has been less than kind recently.

On my way home I decided to ride through uni instead of up the main road, because of the intense crosswinds that were causing me a lot of difficulty. Luckily that meant there was no traffic around when I was blown off course into a corner and then had Gen blown out from underneath me:ohmy::ohmy:

The ATC2K went skittering when the bike hit the road, and apart from the odd sctratch its fine. Gen is also fine as I remained clipped in and holding the bars so I cushioned her fall xx( I'm a bit sore but haven't bruised yet so shouldn't be too bad.

Enjoy the vid.

Ouch! Tarmac is hard isn't it! Have a virtual whiskey to ease the pain!

The ATC isn't the best camera, especially when it is dark, but it certainly is tough! Including my crash I have seen three crashes now where it has managed to film throughout the crash, despite hitting the deck!

Hardly any wind here in Glasgow today, but I had to take the car....xx(

Maz

Guru
Are you guys at work? (ok, maybe not quite AT work, but...).
youtube is (not surprisingly) banned at our place.

Glad you're OK Jacomus. Now I know who 'Gen' is. Riiiiight.

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
I agree about the toughness of the ATC, and about the poor video quality. I guess it just goes to show that £100 is a very tight budget to produce a video camera to!

I don't think it is that poor. I think it serves its purpose pretty well. It's just a shame that its nighttime capabilities are not so great.

My Archos camera might be better at night, but if it hit the ground like your ATC did, I think I'd be looking for a replacement. xx(

Maz said:
Are you guys at work? (ok, maybe not quite AT work, but...).
youtube is (not surprisingly) banned at our place.

Glad you're OK Jacomus. Now I know who 'Gen' is. Riiiiight.

I have access to a university connection. They are pretty liberal about what you can view..... I don't just before you ask! xx(

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

LOL @ User!

Arch, that scared the hell out of me! Just as I leant into the corner the wind snatched the front wheel, you can see me wobble as I had to sit the bike up sharpish. I think the adrenaline hit from that near crash helped stop the following fall hurting too much.

It was lucky that I didn't lose the bike on the first gust as I would have gone down at 30km/h instead of walking speed.

Many thanks to Lady Luck!

Tynan

Veteran
oof, hard luck fella but it sounds like you came out of it ok

wet road and them skinny tyres?

bonj2

ooh nasty...:sad: commiserations...
Keith Oates said:
Glad your not badly hurt but it's a reminder to all of us just how careful we must be in windy conditions!!

only two? ;) what's that all about :biggrin: i'd say jacomus deserves at least 10 for a falling-off :biggrin:

Top Bottom