a trike ride only 19miles almost flat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACW

So how fast did you go between mile 5 and 7 then?

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
do you wont "terminal velocity?" i have been looking at installing a drag shoot just to save the brakes and for any one a bit nerves on that bit of a slope.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
or we could do the High Peak Trail from matlock to buxton about 18miles each way? i have never ridden this one but every thing i have seen says it is OK for riding.

n-ick

"we could do the High Peak Trail from matlock to buxton about 18miles each way? i have never ridden this one but every thing i have seen says it is OK for riding."

High Peak Trail starts at Middleton Top, where there is a car park and toilets for those ladies attending. It then goes about 12 miles to the tearooms and toilets at Parsley Hay. There is a long gentle slope at the start, but plenty of good scenery. This ride is very suitable for families and those of us unfit for mountain climbs.This ride is mainly flat.
It also joins up at about a mile South of Parsley Hay with the Tissington Trail, which is downhill to Ashbourne.
You may advertise this as mainly flat.

To get from Buxton from here is a strenous ride up the Bridleway , then a hilly busy road route.

An even friendlier ride is the Tissington Trail, from the Trail car park at Ashbourne to Parsley Hay. This is a gentle 1in 100 slope up and a whizz back down.T rooms and toilets start and finish and some on the way. Very family friendly.

or we could do the High Peak Trail from matlock to buxton about 18miles each way? i have never ridden this one but every thing i have seen says it is OK for riding.

That first route looks like fun ......... :whistle:

When I did the High Peaks Trail up from Middleton Top in may, I found it had to many gate on it to make it a good solo trike ride.
Dropping down the Tissington Trail was better.

A good flat off-road route near where I live is the Brampton Valley Way.
Its a nice 17 miles of old railway line between Northampton and Market Harbour.
And only one steep-ish, ~9%, hill on the way back if you start up at Pitsford Res.

Luck.......... :biggrin:

3tyretrackterry

id be in for some of those routes im sorry couldnt make it on Sunday sounds like a good time was had by all. there is some good hills around near bakewell and youlegreave if anyone is interested very slow going up but drag chutes would be a prety good idea for coming down:biggrin:

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
ok then i think the "incline in a couple of places" this time and look doing high peak tisington or the other way around i will look at the maps.

n-ick

Yo, yep good idea. The following might help;
1.0 Ensure toilet facilities and parking at the start.
2.0 Ensure that you count the number of riders starting, not after several miles. They might have fallen off.

With these in mind I look forward to riding with you and the group.

Top Bottom