A Whole Lotta Love,but not towards Robbie Williams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swansonj

Guru
OT, but I was at school with him. IIRC, he was indeed very nice. As you were.
I hereby declare that post to constitute personal data within the terms of GDPR, as it contains personal information of use to stalkers. Not that any forum stalkers of you would have a terribly hard job...:smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5262571, member: 45"]Can we talk about any neighbour dispute between members of the public or is this just an opportunity for us to justify our irrational dislike of people who have more than us?[/QUOTE]

My loathing for Robbie Williams is because he's a chump. Jimmy Page is so rich he uses fifties as loo roll, and I love him to bits. The dislike is nothing to do with Wobbies wallet.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Page professed himself 'pleased' with the decision to defer, but I'm afraid he's going to be disappointed in the long term.

Saying something suitably neutral about the deferment was the right thing to do - planning committee councillors read newspapers.

But a deferment is often to give the applicant the chance to satisfy the committee of some relatively minor concerns prior to granting approval.

One might think Williams has the resources to do whatever is needed to get permission for his pool.

Page's best tactic now is to attempt to persuade Williams not to press ahead with the application.

Or dust off his old Speedos.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My loathing for Robbie Williams is because he's a chump. Jimmy Page is so rich he uses fifties as loo roll, and I love him to bits. The dislike is nothing to do with Wobbies wallet.
Williams is richer than Page according to the internet.
Just doesn’t seem fair based on talent.
But they both have in excess of $150m. So neither is going hungry.

AndyRM

XOXO
Williams is richer than Page according to the internet.
Just doesn’t seem fair based on talent.
But they both have in excess of $150m. So neither is going hungry.

It's been said before on here, but claiming Williams isn't talented is untrue. Might not be your thing, but he knows what he's doing.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The terms of the deferment - vibration monitoring/builders using hand tools and the like - tell us the heritage concerns have been met.

Page - quite cleverly - is portraying himself as a heritage guardian when the truth is he's a nimby.

Nothing wrong with that, he's entitled to have an opinion on a development next door.

This is the latest in what is, when it come down to it, no more than a long running spat between neighbours.

Here's how The Guardian reported the deferment:

The postponement involves councillors seeking legal assurances about independent monitoring of vibration levels and ground movement from any construction work, as well as the consideration of extra conditions, such as the possibility of workers using only hand tools.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...-permission-for-robbie-williams-to-build-pool

Drago

Legendary Member
Jimmy Pages best tactic is to start playing the riff from Whole Lotta Love at 3am every morning. Very loudly.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Jimmy Pages best tactic is to start playing the riff from Whole Lotta Love at 3am every morning. Very loudly.
In the article, he professes to only play acoustic guitars to avoid damaging the plaster in his house...

Top Bottom