A wi-fi question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
[QUOTE 2003159, member: 45"]As long as you're aware that the main reason Sky want you to connect to the internet is so that they can harvest information on your viewing habits.[/quote] Don't worry ill subvert their regime by leaving the sky box on channels i don't watch :crazy:

Presumably they do the same thing on SkyPlayer or whatever they call it. Ah well.

Tight Git

Veteran
I have 2 and they work fine on different circuits (upstairs and downstairs in my case). I believe it's the meter unit that is the stop point.

HTH

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Pop into an electrical store and grab the bits you need to run a catv cable from the router to your office. If you terminate the ends yourself it's really very cheap. I ran a catv from the back of my house to the front and including wall sockets (which are extravagant for this purpose) I think the cost was well under a tenner.

OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Thanks all.
Went to Maplins today and bought a pair of mains wiring thingies - the man in there said that as long as both circuits used the same consumer unit they should work. Testing tomorrow...

Davidc

Guru
One thing to be aware of is that the mains things will interfere with medium wave AM radio, which you may use for Radio 5 or Talk Sport.

Also be aware that phone extensions will degrade your broadband even though you put in filters everywhere. My bandwidth improved by 3 times when I filtered the broadband off at the the point where the phone cable enters the house using one of these.

Top Bottom