1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Young One

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by vbc, 3 Aug 2007.

1. vbc

vbc Guest

I saw Nigel Planer last night, sat at a table in John Lewis's restaurant at Cribbs Causeway near Bristol. He doesn't look so young these days, but then neither do I.

Probably the best stuff he's ever done is the Master Class series (think that's what it was called). The one where he's teaching the young actors how to do the TV weather report, side splitting! He had a whole section on the importance of the length of the pause when saying, "...in the next...........24 hours."

2. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

I guess he must get quite annoyed when people go 'oh, he was in The Young Ones....'

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

did he have a hole in his shoe?

4. OP
    OP
    vbc

vbc Guest

I was very discrete, no pointing and staring or hissing at the missus, mostly in case I was wrong. It could've been any old bloke who's always being mistaken for Nigel Planer.

5. Were they letting in water?

6. Big Bren

Big Bren New Member

I expect he's quite bitter that he was always in the shadow of two people, one of whom is now the voice of the Andrex puppy and the other of whom plays a talking stick of reconstituted lips and peanuts.

Bren

7. topcat1

topcat1 vintage Mercian 2012

I saw Bruce Forsythe today in Chelsea parking his merc.

8. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Last time I saw Brucie was in Chelsea near Sloane Sq. in about 1986. But he had a chauffeur to park his car and it was a Rolls then. He's come down in the world isn't he?

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Is he still on the TV or has he retired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. on the road

on the road Über Member

I thing he's been retired :rolleyes:

11. Noodley

Noodley Guest

he's my chauffeur :rolleyes::blush:

12. yenrod

yenrod Guest

The Keith Oates reply: Its interesting when you see a famous person obviously great though !!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that convincing enough.....:rolleyes: