A Young One

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vbc

I saw Nigel Planer last night, sat at a table in John Lewis's restaurant at Cribbs Causeway near Bristol. He doesn't look so young these days, but then neither do I.

Probably the best stuff he's ever done is the Master Class series (think that's what it was called). The one where he's teaching the young actors how to do the TV weather report, side splitting! He had a whole section on the importance of the length of the pause when saying, "...in the next...........24 hours."

Melvil

I guess he must get quite annoyed when people go 'oh, he was in The Young Ones....'

OP
OP
V

vbc

I was very discrete, no pointing and staring or hissing at the missus, mostly in case I was wrong. It could've been any old bloke who's always being mistaken for Nigel Planer.

Big Bren

I expect he's quite bitter that he was always in the shadow of two people, one of whom is now the voice of the Andrex puppy and the other of whom plays a talking stick of reconstituted lips and peanuts.

Bren

on the road

Über Member
I thing he's been retired :rolleyes:

yenrod

The Keith Oates reply: Its interesting when you see a famous person obviously great though !!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that convincing enough.....:rolleyes:

Top Bottom