1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aaaaaarggggh! (C + Fallout)

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by ChrisKH, 11 Jul 2007.

1. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

Nah, nothing exciting. Put the money aside for a helmet cam and came to buy it today. Was relying on Arch's post of the most appropriate website/cam which was, of course, posted on C+...........................................

Arch/anybody if you could re-post best internet site for obtaining a helmet cam (£100 approx.) it would be appreciated.

2. Cab

Cab New Member

I got my Oregon Scientific ATC2000 in Toysrus for that price.

3. domd1979

domd1979 New Member

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Do you not know anyone in the States?

5. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Wiggle are also doing it for £87.99 at the moment. Might be the cheapest with the free delivery. This is the camera a few of us use including Arch.

6. Cab

Cab New Member

I guess I payed just a few quid more to get one somewhere within cycling distance, rather than buying online. You pays your money, you take your choice. I like to be able to storm back into a shop if something I buy turns out to be buggered.

7. ChrisKH

I'll be there for a month in August - do I presume it's cheaper there?

8. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Bah! I paid £95...

At ShinyShack.

I knew it would be cheaper somewhere else the minute I bought one!

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Arch, don't worry about it you got what you wanted, when you wanted it and a slight price difference is worth the convenience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. ChrisKH

Mrs KH just rang to tell me my Wiggle pacakge has arrived, so I presume it's my Cam. Won't be long now for my first upload!!!

11. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

I have an old SonyEricsson K750i that has some non-functioning buttons. However, I was thinking that it still works enough to take video so I was thinking of strapping it to the front of my bike and see how it performs.

Cost == free! Yay!

12. Arch

Cool! Look forward to seeing how well it works!

13. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Tim,
    It's worth a try. I actually got some good footage from my Nokia N70 before I got the helmet camera ().
    I didn't keep using it as I was obviously worried about getting it damaged and the fact it wasn't water proof.

Oh and it looked a bit daft stuck on the front of my helmet... :eek:

14. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

Well, it won't be attached to my helmet at first; I have a mount on my handlbars that I've previously used for my current smartphone (as it has TomTom navigator on it), but I should just be able to put my old phone in and point it forward.

15. Arch

I dunno. Get it right, and in case of altercation with obstreperous motorist, you could headbutt them 3 times and simultaneously dial 999... :blush: