Aaaaaarggggh! (C + Fallout)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Nah, nothing exciting. Put the money aside for a helmet cam and came to buy it today. Was relying on Arch's post of the most appropriate website/cam which was, of course, posted on C+...........................................

Arch/anybody if you could re-post best internet site for obtaining a helmet cam (£100 approx.) it would be appreciated.

Cab

I got my Oregon Scientific ATC2000 in Toysrus for that price.

Wiggle are also doing it for £87.99 at the moment. Might be the cheapest with the free delivery. This is the camera a few of us use including Arch.

Cab

I guess I payed just a few quid more to get one somewhere within cycling distance, rather than buying online. You pays your money, you take your choice. I like to be able to storm back into a shop if something I buy turns out to be buggered.

Arch

Married to Night Train
magnatom said:
Wiggle are also doing it for £87.99 at the moment. Might be the cheapest with the free delivery. This is the camera a few of us use including Arch.

Bah! I paid £95...

At ShinyShack.

I knew it would be cheaper somewhere else the minute I bought one!

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
Mrs KH just rang to tell me my Wiggle pacakge has arrived, so I presume it's my Cam. Won't be long now for my first upload!!!

PrettyboyTim

I have an old SonyEricsson K750i that has some non-functioning buttons. However, I was thinking that it still works enough to take video so I was thinking of strapping it to the front of my bike and see how it performs.

Cost == free! Yay!

Tim,
It's worth a try. I actually got some good footage from my Nokia N70 before I got the helmet camera (

).
I didn't keep using it as I was obviously worried about getting it damaged and the fact it wasn't water proof.

Oh and it looked a bit daft stuck on the front of my helmet... :eek:

PrettyboyTim

Well, it won't be attached to my helmet at first; I have a mount on my handlbars that I've previously used for my current smartphone (as it has TomTom navigator on it), but I should just be able to put my old phone in and point it forward.

Arch

Married to Night Train
magnatom said:
Oh and it looked a bit daft stuck on the front of my helmet... :eek:

I dunno. Get it right, and in case of altercation with obstreperous motorist, you could headbutt them 3 times and simultaneously dial 999... :blush:

PrettyboyTim

Annoyingly, I found that the shutter button is no longer working on the phone, so I was unable to start the video. Looks like I'll have to take it apart and try and clean the contacts out.

Foiled!

Top Bottom