Abandoned Tents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Often, but not always, cheaper single skin tents, around the £20 - £30 mark. Nearly always with a mess left inside, for someone else to clean up.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
'Festival Tents' are so cheap, a lot of people don't bother! Looking at all the dumped stuff at these gatherings, I do wonder about the green credentials!

Do the organisers collect and donate the tents to worthy causes or just shovel them into skips along with the rest of the garbage?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Have you ever tried to pack away a pop up tent after spending four days off your tits?
Tents? Natures own for me. As a younger man, it was ale, memory loss and waking up early morning under a hedge.

I know a friend of mine at a festival somehow forgot his tent and kipped in the field, under the stars. :laugh:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
When you are struggling with a hangover it’s very easy to write off a £40 tent as collateral damage. When you have to get it into a tiny bag and carry it across a field. Then have to clean and dry it at home.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
A) it's been going on for years, 20 years ago had my stag do at a festival - lots of abandoned tents then - we from failing 'memory' had bought (£30 ASDA) tents which we may have left? (apart from the one that perhaps got set on fire for some reason, it had apparently been destroyed by some drunk person high jumping into it. It was not one the 'quality £30' tents - it was one that someone had borrowed :evil:
B) - even back then there was a charity that 'recycled' them - we left the tent bags and everything useful in the tents.
C) The 'festival crowd' has changed - when I did go regularly (mainly Reading, though Glast and Phoenix) most people went for the music primarily and go each year or multiple festivals, so keeping your tent made sense - now it's a place to be seen - dress up / down regardless of the music - my 18 year old went to 'Leeds Fest' & stayed in a hotel :eek:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
'Festival Tents' are so cheap, a lot of people don't bother! ...
They'll leave decent tents too, not just cheap fezzy tents. A friend often comes back from the festivals with a good clean tent or two that've been left behind and dishes them out to anyone who wants/needs one. They also leave mats, stoves, sleeping bags, crates of cider, unopened bottles of vodka, wine, etc...

Top Bottom