Abandoned Tents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I have tried to do it while stone cold sober and can understand why they get abandoned.:wacko:

I was sleeping out on the beach with a group of friends the other day.

Most of us were in bivvy bags.

But one friend of friend did have one of those Quechua jobbies.

We all held our breath to see if she could actually pack it down to size to fit back into the bag .

And she could, with three simple manouvres !!!

She is now being held in a secure location, undergoing interrogation, and DNA analysis to find out just what kind of a genetic aberration she be.

We were stunned into silence by the deft dexterity, and nonchalant reinsertion of said shelter into its bag

Small statuettes are already being carved to the newly forming goddess cult, of 'The Tantric Tentress Disciplinarius"

Does anyone make biodegradable tents? Old cotton ones could be relied on to decompose if packed away when wet.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Does anyone make biodegradable tents? Old cotton ones could be relied on to decompose if packed away when wet.

One of the festivals trialled cardboard tents treated with temporary waterproofing.

Can't remember which one, or if anything came of it.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Intrigued, me...never heard of 'em. A quick google and I find one in just the size I want:
1630497799399.png

That's what I call a size guide.

oldwheels

Legendary Member

We all held our breath to see if she could actually pack it down to size to fit back into the bag .

She is now being held in a secure location, undergoing interrogation, and DNA analysis to find out just what kind of a genetic aberration she be.

We were stunned into silence by the deft dexterity, and nonchalant reinsertion of said shelter into its bag

Small statuettes are already being carved to the newly forming goddess cult, of 'The Tantric Tentress Disciplinarius"
The one I got has 2 poles. The first one is easy to fold but the second I never got back to size. Spent over an hour in my garden on a test fold but my neighbour who was watching said he could do it but thought it better for me to learn on my own. We are still on speaking terms.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I still have our old Black’s Good Companions and checked it recently. Was well used but it would be easier to handle than one of the pop up jobbies so thinking of bringing it back into use.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The one I got has 2 poles. The first one is easy to fold but the second I never got back to size. Spent over an hour in my garden on a test fold but my neighbour who was watching said he could do it but thought it better for me to learn on my own. We are still on speaking terms.

All mouth, and no folding skills right ?? :laugh:

I know a lot of people who claim they can do it - but they always seem to be incredibly busy doing something else when asked to perform said task ..:angel:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I still have our old Black’s Good Companions and checked it recently. Was well used but it would be easier to handle than one of the pop up jobbies so thinking of bringing it back into use.

Just one pole does it in the right circs..

Although i'd not take one of these to a festival - much too precious.

An old Vango or somesuch is better for when mixing with the hoi polloi :angel:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
We encounter this, some years ago (2012), at Ubersee-Almau, as we passed through Germany/Austria en-route to Hungary

Attachments

• IMGP1768.JPG
    IMGP1768.JPG
    347.9 KB · Views: 8

vickster

Legendary Member

She should win a week in a 5* hotel for her achievements...to see what she is missing :whistle:

Although i'd not take one of these to a festival - much too precious.
That would seem to sum-up the great festival tent clean-up problem. No-one wants to waste money taking a tent that might get trashed, so why not take the cheapest thing that will survive the weekend? In which case, you won't be too bothered looking after it ...

I don't see an easy solution. Except:
One of the festivals trialled cardboard tents treated with temporary waterproofing.

Can't remember which one, or if anything came of it.
Ditto!

Top Bottom