Abandoned Tents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
The cost of the tent is nothing compared to the cost of the festival tickets.

At least US forces weren't at the festival, else the field would be littered with discarded helicopters, tanks and rifles.
But at least they 'demilitarised' them

why to the US always make up words?
and I thought that would be done with a lump of plastic explosive - but the ones I have seen look pretty much OK so it must be something more subtle
Are the US Marines known for subtle??

on a different note - I used to live in North Wales - one beach we used to go to had a general 'beach stuff' shop nearby
the owner used to go along the beach after the crowds had left and gather up all the buckets and spades and stuff that had been left
he reckoned he had sold some of them a dozen times or more

10/10 for profits making
-quite a lot for morality
but pus a lot more for recycling - sort of

DRM

Guru
'Festival Tents' are so cheap, a lot of people don't bother! Looking at all the dumped stuff at these gatherings, I do wonder about the green credentials!

Do the organisers collect and donate the tents to worthy causes or just shovel them into skips along with the rest of the garbage?
They do, our scout district were asked to go to the Leeds Festival years ago, it was a waste of time, security had got all the good stuff to sell, and left the rubbish for charities, a lot of the tents were useless single skinned pop up things, the majority were smeared in human excrement on the insides

They do, our scout district were asked to go to the Leeds Festival years ago, it was a waste of time, security had got all the good stuff to sell, and left the rubbish for charities, a lot of the tents were useless single skinned pop up things, the majority were smeared in human excrement on the insides
I've said it before
but when we came down from the trees we should have been more selective about who came down with us

some people just should not - I dunno - but certainly not breed

who does that???

Reading festival 1973, presumably packing up time. Jackpot tins, remember them eh.
1630458007563.png

I was there in '78. A weekend ticket cost nearly nine quid. We bunked in on Saturday and saw the Quo, same Sunday for Patti Smith ^_^

Drago

Legendary Member
They'll leave decent tents too, not just cheap fezzy tents. A friend often comes back from the festivals with a good clean tent or two that've been left behind and dishes them out to anyone who wants/needs one. They also leave mats, stoves, sleeping bags, crates of cider, unopened bottles of vodka, wine, etc...
Crates of ciderm or crates of hippie piss?:laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Crates of ciderm or crates of hippie piss?:laugh:
There is a joke there about the woman taking a urine sample to surgery in a small whisky bottle which was stolen from her handbag.

and I thought that would be done with a lump of plastic explosive - but the ones I have seen look pretty much OK so it must be something more subtle

10/10 for profits making
Can’t speak for the USA, but the British have definite techniques for damaging their gear, all set out in a manual, a lump of explosive on the side of a tank won’t do much, military kit is built to stand explosions, a smaller lump somewhere vital, sights, gun breeches or engine blocks, say, is much more effective.

on a different note - I used to live in North Wales - one beach we used to go to had a general 'beach stuff' shop nearby
the owner used to go along the beach after the crowds had left and gather up all the buckets and spades and stuff that had been left
he reckoned he had sold some of them a dozen times or more

10/10 for profits making
Probably left the bolts in the rotor blades loose . :whistle:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Top Bottom