About to pull the trigger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The wife said the very same thing when I announced I fancied a Maserati. Problem is she is comfortable with the knowledge I am too tight to actually spend the wedge :cry: Will shock her one day :whistle:

OP
OP
MickeyBlueEyes

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Yes, that is exactly as it came out of the shop (minus spoke reflectors!). At the time it was £1299 (it's £1099 now as they have downspecced it somewhat) and I couldn't find anything similar spec for less than £1500

What's the ride like and how do you ride it? Are you a relaxed rider or like to get the hammer down? I've read a few reviews that it can be a little firm.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-btwin-mach-740-14-48178/

This reviews the exact one, complete with the carbon crankset and shifters.

mustang1

Guru
Oh does it, and what bike sits around in pieces that you don't use and would may consider selling to someone who may want another one? :whistle:
Well, it sits around in pieces during winter. In summer, it is assembled but ridden only on non rain days and then only on Fridays. A 2012 model supersix 105 with aksiums. Rider ask if its a new bike and I tell them its a couple of years old. Like I said in other threads, its a fantastic frame and I really light to use it more often but don't get the time.

screenman

Legendary Member
Well, it sits around in pieces during winter. In summer, it is assembled but ridden only on non rain days and then only on Fridays. A 2012 model supersix 105 with aksiums. Rider ask if its a new bike and I tell them its a couple of years old. Like I said in other threads, its a fantastic frame and I really light to use it more often but don't get the time.

I used to be limited to time until I started getting out of bed earlier, I now have 10+ hours extra a week that I did not have before.

I fully understand not everybody can do this, but worth a try for some of you out there.

mustang1

Guru
I used to be limited to time until I started getting out of bed earlier, I now have 10+ hours extra a week that I did not have before.

I fully understand not everybody can do this, but worth a try for some of you out there.
I'm glad you posted that suggestion. I'll try that.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
What's the ride like and how do you ride it? Are you a relaxed rider or like to get the hammer down? I've read a few reviews that it can be a little firm.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-btwin-mach-740-14-48178/

This reviews the exact one, complete with the carbon crankset and shifters.

The ride is firm. I ride as fast as possible but I've done a couple of imperial centuries (7 hours on the bike) on it and no problem regarding comfort. 740 and 720 have the Prologo Nago Evo saddle which I find very comfortable. The upside of the firm ride is that its stiffness makes honking up short steep hills very efficient. That's where I have seen the biggest difference in my cycling since I bought it.

OP
OP
MickeyBlueEyes

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.

Crankarm

Guru
So yesterday I kind of had the go ahead for n+1! We had a trip to Decathlon to grab some bits n pieces and I was eyeing up a Mach 740 they had in. Looked a really smart piece of kit. Mrs MBE came strolling over and simply said "get one if you want one"... WOW! :hyper:If I was an impulsive person I would of bought it there and then but something told me to hang on and have a bit of 'net research time.

Out came the laptop when we got back home and I settled down for a few hours of searching and boy it's hard work! My mind is now spread all over the place, looked at lots of bikes but the only one that I would go and get straight away was an S Works that was just bootiful, unfortunately it was a smidge over budget. Today I've got my eye on a Scott Addict 10..... This could be a tough few weeks! I have a feeling my life will now be taken over until I decide.

One thing that does keep niggling me is, do I really need one... :wacko:

Yeah, but there WILL be conditions attached, even if you don't currently know what they are …………… There is no such thing as a free bike.

Levo-Lon

Guru

suprising how easy it is to get up early to do things you enjoy..I wake early in summer around 5ish and dont start work until 8 as a rule.

crankarm raises a good point,she will have a plan...she is just working out the details atm..

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
suprising how easy it is to get up early to do things you enjoy..I wake early in summer around 5ish and dont start work until 8 as a rule.

crankarm raises a good point,she will have a plan...she is just working out the details atm..
Get up at 5.15 am ,start at 6.45 am, kids are 3 and 7 so no time when i get home around 5.30 pm

Levo-Lon

Guru
Get up at 5.15 am ,start at 6.45 am, kids are 3 and 7 so no time when i get home around 5.30 pm

I never wanted kids , but im sure yours are your life and its about enjoying whats precious..
in a few yrs all will change ,as I suspect escaping the house will be top of your morning agenda.

I had step kids btw stress..but without nappies

Top Bottom