About to pull the trigger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I never wanted kids , but im sure yours are your life and its about enjoying whats precious..
in a few yrs all will change ,as I suspect escaping the house will be top of your morning agenda.

I had step kids btw stress..but without nappies
Thats another reason why i cycle commute , gets a bit of riding in 10 miles each way near enough .

Part time cyclist

Über Member
I pulled the trigger on my n+1 today after much procrastination and missing out in 'my sized' bikes I bit the billet and got a Giant TCR advance 2 carbon 2014 model for £875 . Pull the trigger before she changes her mind :smile:

OP
OP
MickeyBlueEyes

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
So I never went through with the n+1. I finally decided, for now, I'm ok with what I have. To be honest my next purchase, I want it to be a beast, maybe I'll go after my S-Works Venge one day. Anyhow, I did treat myself to some new wheels. I also went for some new chainrings, chain & cassette which made the shifting feel a1 again. Bar tape and upgraded calipers next and I reckon then that'll see me right for a while. What colour bar tape? I'm thinking plain old black may be the best option. Thoughts anyone?
Ridley Cosmics.JPG

si_c

Guru
So I never went through with the n+1. I finally decided, for now, I'm ok with what I have. To be honest my next purchase, I want it to be a beast, maybe I'll go after my S-Works Venge one day. Anyhow, I did treat myself to some new wheels. I also went for some new chainrings, chain & cassette which made the shifting feel a1 again. Bar tape and upgraded calipers next and I reckon then that'll see me right for a while. What colour bar tape? I'm thinking plain old black may be the best option. Thoughts anyone?
View attachment 77320

Ooh, pretty :smile:

I'm guessing the red looked awesome on fresh, but I think black would look better for longer...

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Black bar tape would be best

This statement is ALWAYS true.

OP
OP
MickeyBlueEyes

MickeyBlueEyes

Ooh, pretty :smile:

I'm guessing the red looked awesome on fresh, but I think black would look better for longer...
The red wasn't much different when new, just had more depth to the colour,it wasn't a bright red or anything like that.

I've looked at some Prologo One Touch but not sure if I like the white logo on the black tape.

dodgy

View attachment 77320

If that your stem cap bolt standing proud? If so, I'd get that sorted before all the other stuff.

OP
OP
MickeyBlueEyes

MickeyBlueEyes

If that your stem cap bolt standing proud? If so, I'd get that sorted before all the other stuff.
See, there's complacency for you. I knackered my top cap about 12 months ago so put a washer on top. I'm now used to it so it gets overlooked. But yes you are right it needs sorting. All of the top caps I've seen wont fit though, this one is flat across the back, all others I've seen/bought have a large radius which fouls on the underside. I could fix that by cutting a few mm off my steerer tube, should probably do this anyway tbh to lose the spacer.

Yeah it's an Orion. Had it a while now but the ride is quick and smooth, I'm finding it difficult to find reasons to part company.

I looked at a Noah, I do love the understated decals ^_^

http://www.ridleybikeshop.co.uk/epages/es144394.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es144394/Products/"Ridley Noah FAST Ultegra 11 Speed"/SubProducts/"Ridley Noah FAST Ultegra 11 Speed-xs"

Yeah,Noahs' are nice but you need a sprinters physique to do them justice:training: which is why I went for a Helium.

Top Bottom