Absence of Hate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I must admit my commuting today was all routine, in fact it was so routine I've almost forgotten I rode it.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I was a bit naughty on Battersea Park Road today, first time ever. I'm usually entirely saintly. Somebody honked their horn at me for a long time, entirely justified. It didn't stop me making a rhythmic hand gesture in their direction .

Sorry to disappoint BB, it's business as usual.

Crankarm

Guru
I clicked on COMMUTING to find some mean-spirited, spiteful, anti-everyone, car-hate bile.

Where has it gone?

It's like the Summer of Love all over again, but in Winter and without the silly haircuts.

Can someone please start a thread about the inadequacy of the Police or how all motorists are mobile-phone morons.

I miss all the hate and my evening is going to go all wobbly like a sad baby elephant if I don't get any.

Even when I was out riding today, everyone was nice to me. I hate this. It makes me want to kill.

Were you dreaming having been on the sauce and fallen asleep on the sofa in front of the TV?

Were the Schools of yesterday, the Fife schools went back today. It could have been a coincidence but there seemed to be more aggressive must OT manouvres outside Peterborough schools today. I've given up getting peeved off by that behaviour, and anticipate it better and laugh at it these days.

Jezston

Über Member
I clicked on COMMUTING to find some mean-spirited, spiteful, anti-everyone, car-hate bile.

When was Commuting ever like that? I've never noticed any kind of anti-car attitude here.

Seems these days it's full of people slagging off cyclists for daring to film people doing anything wrong, or daring to be concerned that they almost got hit. The amount of "they may have driven straight at you but by the grace of god they just missed you so it was a non event, stop complaining" kind of comments I've seen on here recently are pretty depressing.

And whenever anyone posts details of any incident you get a lot of people throwing really quite nasty and personal invective blaming the victim for what happened.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
When was Commuting ever like that? I've never noticed any kind of anti-car attitude here.

Seems these days it's full of people slagging off cyclists for daring to film people doing anything wrong, or daring to be concerned that they almost got hit. The amount of "they may have driven straight at you but by the grace of god they just missed you so it was a non event, stop complaining" kind of comments I've seen on here recently are pretty depressing.

And whenever anyone posts details of any incident you get a lot of people throwing really quite nasty and personal invective blaming the victim for what happened.

But equally there are an inordinate amount of car haters that expect to take bad road positions, act stubbornley, yell vocally about (non-existant) injusticies and expect support from their 'brothers' in the cycling community.

(There Boris, does this re-establish the balance in your universe?)

Jezston

Über Member
But equally there are an inordinate amount of car haters ...

See this is my point. I don't see any of that here. I don't see any critical mass hippie type attitudes of cars are bad mkay us against them nonsense. I've seen it in other places, but never on this forum.

OP
OP
Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic

It's been so nice out there,it's like Little House on the Prairie.:girl:

That land where you built your little house was stolen from the indigenous population!

They were being cool and hunting bison and making window boxes for their pointy tents and you just came in and WIPED THEM OUT and stole their land. I have it all on film! I am so going to report it!

Little Bastard House on the Prairie that you stole from the rightful dwellers on same!

So-called sweet little family who make a living farming land stolen from the owner.

Talk about a revision of history to suit the victor!

Little Fuggin' House on the Fuggin' prairie, my ar5e!

I'm reporting you to your employer!

Look for it on Youtube, loser!

Top Bottom