Absence of Hate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic

I thought the good old, loving, spirited debate I knew and loved would be back if I waited.

A thread is locked and we're back in business!

Oi!! Are you looking at me!?

I clicked on COMMUTING to find some mean-spirited, spiteful, anti-everyone, car-hate bile.

Where has it gone?

It's like the Summer of Love all over again, but in Winter and without the silly haircuts.

Can someone please start a thread about the inadequacy of the Police or how all motorists are mobile-phone morons.

I miss all the hate and my evening is going to go all wobbly like a sad baby elephant if I don't get any.

Even when I was out riding today, everyone was nice to me. I hate this. It makes me want to kill.

Well, I did have the hate bile rising when I was close passed over double solid white lines, whilst dong 40mph and keeping up with traffic

OK, I shouted at first but then as we carried on for a few minutes with me behind having to ride the brakes, I realised that by just being there I was being more annoying than if I'd busted a gut to overtake, gesticulated, or smashed off wing mirrors.

Just "you can see my magicshines" (OK, I angled one up just a tad for effect as it was starting to get light) "so you know you aren't going faster than a cyclist, how annoying is that for you?"

Did give a small pleasant wave just as a tester, driver was in "eyes front" mode

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
I clicked on COMMUTING to find some mean-spirited, spiteful, anti-everyone, car-hate bile.

Where has it gone?

It's like the Summer of Love all over again, but in Winter and without the silly haircuts.

Can someone please start a thread about the inadequacy of the Police or how all motorists are mobile-phone morons.

I miss all the hate and my evening is going to go all wobbly like a sad baby elephant if I don't get any.

Even when I was out riding today, everyone was nice to me. I hate this. It makes me want to kill.

Spoke to soon eh...

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/an-accident-is-an-accident.121421/page-2

A stunning return to form.

OP
OP
Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic

Breathtaking. Deliberately set up to offend.

Had it been a deliberate attempt to whip you up into a frothing soup of moral indignance, you'd have to admit it was a pretty successful stab at what is a staggeringly simple task.

It was, of course, nothing of the sort. Many posters thought it qute a fun thread. Quite a few 'liked' the OP.

I was raising a point of language. I seemed to carry the consensus, too.

Quite why somebody introduced race into a language thread I have no idea. It must be that angry, frothing soup of rage again. Which can be quite attractive in the right light.

Speaking of light, in this soft lighting there's something of Dawesome about your bone structure. Are the two of you related? :rolleyes:

400bhp

Guru
Had it been a deliberate attempt to whip you up into a frothing soup of moral indignance, you'd have to admit it was a pretty successful stab at what is a staggeringly simple task.

It was, of course, nothing of the sort. Many posters thought it qute a fun thread. Quite a few 'liked' the OP.

I was raising a point of language. I seemed to carry the consensus, too.

Quite why somebody introduced race into a language thread I have no idea. It must be that angry, frothing soup of rage again. Which can be quite attractive in the right light.

Speaking of light, in this soft lighting there's something of Dawesome about your bone structure. Are the two of you related? :rolleyes:

I can't see who you are talking to, but that became clear after, I think, the initial 3 posts I saw posted in that "other" thread.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Hip Priest, look I'm sorry I lost my rag with you. My point from earlier in the week about me being glad you're here still stands, despite our unpleasant disagreement on this issue. There have been no calls for you to leave that I know about. The only person I saw mentioning leaving was you.

Boris, why would you and hip priest deliberately choose to offend like you have done? It's unnecessary, and very very hurtful. Even if you don't agree with us, why can you not use a better and less offensive word when you know it REALLY matters?

Please don't make this the 3rd locked thread - no good has come from the other 2.

Hip Priest, look I'm sorry I lost my rag with you. My point from earlier in the week about me being glad you're here still stands, despite our unpleasant disagreement on this issue. There have been no calls for you to leave that I know about. The only person I saw mentioning leaving was you.

Boris, why would you and hip priest deliberately choose to offend like you have done? It's unnecessary, and very very hurtful. Even if you don't agree with us, why can you not use a better and less offensive word when you know it REALLY matters?

You explained clearly why the word is offensive and distressing mikey. Other quotes from bereaved people also made it very clear why the word is offensive. If people continue to insist upon the word being used then we can only conclude that they want to offend people. They are deliberately upsetting people, I've no idea why.

Shaun

Founder
Let's not have any more overspill - everyone's said their piece so let's leave it there now please.

Thanks,
Shaun

Top Bottom