Absolute irresponsible? (Graphene)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m very dubious about the promotions by Absolute Black of their graphene-laced wax lubricant.

1. I know the wax tablets are quite large, but it still seems highly irresponsible to package this in the style of a box of chocolates. As a graphic designer I always agreed that packaging anything not sweeties to look like sweeties was a basic moral responsibility.

2. Graphene - a potentially highly toxic nano-material in a consumable product? Carbon fibre is bad enough, but this seems incredibly irresponsible, even if legal.

I suppose I should really post this on Road.cc, who are featuring an AB promo at the moment, but I am loath to enroll in their marketing schemes.

??????

cheshirerob

I’m very dubious about the promotions by Absolute Black of their graphene-laced wax lubricant.

1. I know the wax tablets are quite large, but it still seems highly irresponsible to package this in the style of a box of chocolates. As a graphic designer I always agreed that packaging anything not sweeties to look like sweeties was a basic moral responsibility.

2. Graphene - a potentially highly toxic nano-material in a consumable product? Carbon fibre is bad enough, but this seems incredibly irresponsible, even if legal.

I suppose I should really post this on Road.cc, who are featuring an AB promo at the moment, but I am loath to enroll in their marketing schemes.

Indeed. Granddad is going to be p****d off post Christmas dinner when he tucks into these at 20:01
1608559125798.jpeg

C R

Guru
Very pretty, love the box! Is anyone really going to be that stupid?
Do you know how many small children think that dishwasher tablets are sweets?

ETA, same goes for the nice smelling bike oil. My 10 year old was helping/learning how to clean his bike chain, the first thing he commented on was the smell of the muc off oil. He is 10, so knows it is not for drinking, but the potential for accidents is high.

Last edited:
Do you know how many small children think that dishwasher tablets are sweets?
:wacko: Off the top of my head erm No.

Too many, there's lots of stories of children climbing cupboards to get at them and eating them, with horrendous consequences, it is not a joke.
Where are the parents ?? If a child is of the age they do not understand then a parent should be caring for them and not letting them climb cupboards. Besides the market is full of child safety locks for doors and cupboards. Its not a daily occurrence, calm down

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Where are the parents ?? If a child is of the age they do not understand then a parent should be caring for them and not letting them climb cupboards. Besides the market is full of child safety locks for doors and cupboards. Its not a daily occurrence, calm down

To make a toxic product look like sweets is a bit f'n stupid and irresponsible rather than it being a good test for momentarily careless parents by killing their children

winjim

Smash the cistern
To make a toxic product look like sweets is a bit f'n stupid and irresponsible rather than it being a good test for momentarily careless parents by killing their children
What a joke, will they be down the sweet isle in Asda next to the Haribos ? Will they F
Any parent stupid enough to leave products near children or children with access to the product is equally as stupid
My kids donot go in my garage or near the cleaning products. Its locked. Simple.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It is a genuine issue. Here's an example affecting people who were very much of the age where they understand such matters...

There was a cyclo-sportive event a few years ago where the goody bag for finishers contained (among other things) sachets of lube that looked very much like energy gels. Several riders ended up in hospital having mistaken them for gels and gulping down the contents!

PS Like this, in fact...

Top Bottom