Absolutely wonderful (formerly absolutely useless) housing association

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just found the screw,lost nearly a fortnight ago when the 'emergency plumber' came out and lost the same screw when putting the old boiler's front panel back on.:rolleyes:

1614467097429.png

Last edited:
It is a little low but not unusual to see it at that pressure if you haven’t got the system actively heating the house. When the boiler is cold it usually sits around 1-1.5bar and when it is hot it is more usual to see it around 1.5-2bar.

Brains

Legendary Member
If the heating is on, that is low.
Below the boiler you should have a lever tap, give it a 5-10 second blast of water into the system which should should get it to about 1.5 if cold or 2'ish if hot

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If the heating is on, that is low.
Below the boiler you should have a lever tap, give it a 5-10 second blast of water into the system which should should get it to about 1.5 if cold or 2'ish if hot
I don't want to go though the rigmarole i went through the other week,but there isn't a tap. It's now below 1 on the gauge. 3 of my 4 radiators are hot,but the bathroom one is luke warm. That's the one that my friend didn't bleed the other week,when my old boiler conked out. I'm not going to touch this new boiler....like i did with the old one:secret:. I'll wait till Monday then contact the housing association.

The valve is hidden on Worcestershire Bosch boilers, they have a fake bottom panel which hides the pipework, this should just unclip and then slide forward to come out. Once that it out the way it should expose the filling valve which should be blue in colour. If you don’t have a valve it will be on a key system which the installer should have left with you
And looks like this

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E5YVXCG/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_fabc_8JJ5TSVPF51B1SH32ZYM

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The valve is hidden on Worcestershire Bosch boilers, they have a fake bottom panel which hides the pipework, this should just unclip and then slide forward to come out. Once that it out the way it should expose the filling valve which should be blue in colour. If you don’t have a valve it will be on a key system which the installer should have left with you
And looks like this

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E5YVXCG/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_fabc_8JJ5TSVPF51B1SH32ZYM

Is it the blue object? Ignore the manky cowbeb and stuff,but cleaning under boilers and stuff isn't a priority to me.:okay:
1616196836665.png

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't want to go though the rigmarole i went through the other week,but there isn't a tap. It's now below 1 on the gauge. 3 of my 4 radiators are hot,but the bathroom one is luke warm. That's the one that my friend didn't bleed the other week,when my old boiler conked out. I'm not going to touch this new boiler....like i did with the old one:secret:. I'll wait till Monday then contact the housing association.
Why not try bleeding the radiator that wasn’t bled if it’s not working properly?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why not try bleeding the radiator that wasn’t bled if it’s not working properly?
Yes that it is! It should be springy pull down to activate and when you let go it springs back up. You shouldn’t need to turn it.
I've just pulled it down for 10 seconds. The gauge has gone up to

1616283794387.png

I was going to ask how to get the panel back on,but i think i'll leave it off as it might need doing again.:rolleyes:

Brains

Legendary Member
I've just pulled it down for 10 seconds. The gauge has gone up to

View attachment 579619

I was going to ask how to get the panel back on, but i think I'll leave it off as it might need doing again.:rolleyes:

The gage is where it should be.

Keep an eye on it, if you end up having to top it up every few months then its just part of routine maintenance.
If however you have to do it every week (or less) then it would imply you have a leak in the system somewhere.

If there is a leak it needs to be fixed, as half a pint of water a day can do a lot of damage over a few months (possibly to the flat below)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The gage is where it should be.

Keep an eye on it, if you end up having to top it up every few months then its just part of routine maintenance.
If however you have to do it every week (or less) then it would imply you have a leak in the system somewhere.
The heating has been off now for 10 hours and the gauge indicates 1.25. I suppose it's ok now?:smile:

Top Bottom