Absolutely wonderful (formerly absolutely useless) housing association

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newts

Veteran
Good news on the hot water & heating 🔥👍
It appears through all of this that the HA & its engineers are incompetant. Multi visits stringing out what was most likely a simple repair required. Pinching the new wire at the back of the boxing & just taping up the old wire exiting the fused spur highlights they are 🤠. It would be interesting to know if the gas supply pipe is big enough or if they just connected the old 15mm copper (most combis require minimum 22mm depending on distance from the meter to the appliance) 🙄

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Er,anyone notice the change in the thread title.:whistle: ;)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
@Accy cyclist , when it's turned on, is the mains indicator lamp on, flashing, or not on at all?
Do you mean the blue light? 🤔

1614279152247.png

Yes, when it’s active the blue light comes on. The only thing to check is what mode they left it on. There are two modes Eco and preheat. The preheat prewarms the water at the tap so you have less cold water coming through at first but is more wasteful on gas usage.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How can you hate a free new boiler ?
Heck,i made a spelling mistake! 🤔

lane

Veteran
I have been looking into boilers as need to replace my combi. The brand installed is a premium brand generally seen as the top boiler brand.

newts

Veteran
I have been looking into boilers as need to replace my combi. The brand installed is a premium brand generally seen as the top boiler brand.
Valiant, Worcester & Baxi are volume sellers on the UK market & reliable if installed correctly. Viessmann a smaller player that's also known for reliability.
A independant installer from local recomendations is usually your best bet.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Heck,the radiators are mad hot after 4 minutes of me turning the central hating on. The last boiler could only heat the bottoms of the radiators and that took 20 minutes!
Maybe a silly question, but did you ever bleed the radiators when you noticed just the bottoms were getting hot?

Top Bottom