Absolutely wonderful (formerly absolutely useless) housing association

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just spent a whole hour on my phone trying to contact my housing association's so called emergency contact number. My heating and hot water have disappeared. If it's an 'emergency number' why isn't someone answering my call?!:ninja:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A good question...

Meanwhile, is there any obvious sign of what is wrong? Error code displayed on boiler? Lack of pressure in the system etc.?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A good question...

Meanwhile, is there any obvious sign of what is wrong? Error code displayed on boiler? Lack of pressure in the system etc.?
The boiler is over 30 years old,according to the last workman who serviced it nearly a year ago. I took the front off to see if there was a pilot light thingy that'd gone out,but i couldn't see anything. I'm thinking there are live wires in there as the thing has 'isolate power before removing the cover' on it.

irw

Quadricyclist
Is there a make/model written on it anywhere? Usually there's some sort of reset procedure that can be done by way of a first attempt to fix it.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is there a make/model written on it anywhere? Usually there's some sort of reset procedure that can be done by way of a first attempt to fix it.
1613259902830.png

1613259953990.png

D

Deleted member 26715

Look through the peep hole is the pilot light lit

irw

Quadricyclist
Err...is there any power to it? It looks like your pressure gauge is reading '0', and there should be a light on above the temperature dial...have you knocked the power off accidentally?

Top Bottom