Abuse despite not RLJ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonker

Guru
I generally don't RLJ. This morning I was hemmed in and slowed by ( generally a bit aggressive today) traffic but still sat at a red light. I felt the car behind me creeping up alongside so ( as I know the sequence) I was ready to go on amber. I pulled away ( slowish as I'm on a fixed and the cars followed) turned left to find a guy just about at the kerb, I was nowhere near running him down. He turns and shouts 'what do you think you're doing it was a red light.'
I was close enough to say it was green and to suggest he needed to walk a bit faster.

400bhp

Guru
As I read it (in your convoluted post) , you pulled away on amber light that was on the opposing crossroad?

You therefore RLJ'd.

Have I got it wrong?

BSRU

A Human Being
Best to stop a little back from the stop line so that when the amber appears you can set off/clip in and by the time you get to the stop line it is green.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I can never really work out what happened from these descriptions. But the OP only says he was 'ready to go' on amber, not that he moved off on amber. Lots of people are putting words in his mouth.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I can never really work out what happened from these descriptions. But the OP only says he was 'ready to go' on amber, not that he moved off on amber. Lots of people are putting words in his mouth.

You're not allowed to let facts get in the way of a good witch hunt. He's a witch, burn him. :evil:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Nowt wrong, in the real world, with starting to roll when the opposite light turns Amber. It's just a small heads up.

Maz

Guru
I really need to sort my brakes out this weekend.
I RLJ'd two sets of lights this morning. :blush:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I really need to sort my brakes out this weekend.
I RLJ'd two sets of lights this morning. :blush:
Unfortunately I did the same on Monday. Coming up to a set of lights, they change just as I get to them. I grab the brakes but nothing happens (my brakes dont work in the wet).
Luckily there was noone at the lights at all, so I have no idea why they changed. I felt very guilty for doing it.

Tim Hall

Yellow means proceed if clear, unless i learnt it wrong.
You did. Yellow (or amber as it's called) means stop at the stop line, unless you'd get taken roughly from behind (I paraphrase a little). Red and Amber means stop.

Green means proceed if the way is clear. ie if it's Green you can't go balls out and scatter any unfortunate that happens to be in the way to the four winds. Highway code rule 109 is the kiddy.

Top Bottom