Abuse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Someone on a different forum asked the question if when using a camera, did the users then go looking for incidents to report. At the time, I was one of a few to answer 'no' citing the reason that they do not provide an invisible force field and so to go looking for incidents was stupid.
The problem, is that when I think back to when I used the cams, in a small way I did actually hope one of the motoring drones would do something stupid just so I could get the ba***rd.
I've since put the cams away and ride happier for it.
It might be worth also checking what your local bobby station might do in the event that you do catch driving stupidity/selfishness and report it. In the case of Greater Manchester Police, it'll be sweet f*** all unless you're splattered over the offending drivers car window and bonnet.

Last edited:

Nonethewiser

I have to say that I have found the vast majority of local drivers to be fine (touching wood), this is a semi-rural area and there are a good number of cyclists out and about especially at weekends. One thing that has brought a bit of verbal, however, is riding two abreast.

classic33

Leg End Member
Someone on a different forum asked the question if when using a camera, did the users then go looking for incidents to report. At the time, I was one of a few to answer 'no' citing the reason that they do not provide an invisible force field and so to go looking for incidents was stupid.
The problem, is that when I think back to when I used the cams, in a small way I did actually hope one of the motoring drones would do something stupid just so I could get the ba***rd.
I've since put the cams away and ride happier for it.
It might be worth also checking what your local bobby station might do in the event that you do catch driving stupidity/selfishness and report it. In the case of Greater Manchester Police, it'll be sweet f*** all unless you're splattered over the offending drivers car window and bonnet.
There's the chance they'll look for someone else if there's a chance their actions could be caught on camera.

You can also use the camera to review your ride. All those bits you missed as you flew past them.

MikeG

Guru
Frankly, it's a fact of life for a larger lady on a bike :sad: Especially from young men who've souped up their mum's hatchback and left the family braincell at home :rolleyes:

Another forum on which I post has a system of nominating posts to be voted on once a month, in two categories: The Language Awards, for quality, well thought out and well written posts, and Pith Awards, for saying something succinctly and pithily. I read this post, and I looked immediately for the "Nominate" button. Well said.

Jody

Stubborn git
Promote your chosen transport by being courteous to others. fairly simple ! Ignore the idiots.

32507880221_a9fc9b2437_b.jpg

JPBoothy

Veteran

Good luck with that advise. I was once foolish enough to post a similar question asking why people don't acknowlege other cyclists and walkers. Blimey, talk about poking a hornets nest! I hadn't realised that there were so many grumpy people out there.

The grump champion though has to be a chap from work that I was riding with oneaSunday morning and he asked why I say hello to people. Because it's nice to be friendly was my reply. His reply to me was "###k em, they don't say it to me!"

:giggle:

Good luck with that advise. I was once foolish enough to post a similar question asking why people don't acknowlege other cyclists and walkers. Blimey, talk about poking a hornets nest! I hadn't realised that there were so many grumpy people out there.

The grump champion though has to be a chap from work that I was riding with oneaSunday morning and he asked why I say hello to people. Because it's nice to be friendly was my reply. His reply to me was "###k em, they don't say it to me!"

:giggle:

Jeepers, and here's me thinking I'm Mr Grumpy!
I do do mumble/nod thing usually. The ride before last, I actually had a conversation, twice, with another cyclist! Ok, it was the same guy both times, but still...

Levo-Lon

Guru
I get more naughty kids commenting using the work route, mind you there all over the cycle lane and footpath..so i tend to give em shyte too

Top Bottom