Abusive and Threatening Behaviour from a Motorist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A white van today deliberately blasted his horn at me before shouting racist abuse out his window at me when I was cycling today. I fell off my bicycle as it took my by surprise. I am not injured.

I have video evidence from my Garmin VIRB action camera. I'm considering reporting the incident to my local Police station,. Would they take the incident seriously or should I not bother?

Drago

Legendary Member
Report it. It's a racially aggravated S4a public order offence, and they should take it very seriously.

Assuming the footage corroborates what you're saying, they're guaranteed to end up before a magistrate for that - being racially aggravated is an, er, aggravating factor and precludes any option to be offered a caution.

The guy sounds like a nasty f ing bully and needs taking down a peg or two. I'm glad you're ok. Good luck.

Last edited:
What's the point of having a camera if you don't report this sort of thing?

With a bit of luck your report may stop someone else experiencing this idiot's behaviour.

Definitely report it. This guy will carry on doing that sort of thing till he's brought to book.

What all the others said, but especially the last two. Next time he could target a child.

Drago

Legendary Member
With luck he'll target Ronnie Pickering!

Top Bottom