Abusive and Threatening Behaviour from a Motorist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why would anyone steal a Brooks? Surely the resale value drops rapidly as you use it.
No, it only had 40,000 km on it, so not broken in yet.

Report it ASAP.
Racism will not be tolerated in any shape or form. Sorry you had to experience this.
Hope you’re ok.

But to be honest this is the card to play to make sure of an investigation. If there was white on white abuse and threatening behaviour how likely is it to be investigated. I think in some incidents too much emphasis is put on the racial bit and not enough on the actual crime thus putting a white person at a disadvantage of securing police action / prosecution.

Disclaimer. This post is in no way condoning racism, merely my view on how the system now appears to work.

classic33

Leg End Member
But to be honest this is the card to play to make sure of an investigation. If there was white on white abuse and threatening behaviour how likely is it to be investigated. I think in some incidents too much emphasis is put on the racial bit and not enough on the actual crime thus putting a white person at a disadvantage of securing police action / prosecution.

Disclaimer. This post is in no way condoning racism, merely my view on how the system now appears to work.
Racism isn't soley a white - black/coloured issue. It works both ways. I've no idea of the skin colour on either side in this, it wasn't mentioned, but I support the OP in this altercation.

Which ever way, it's best stamped out as early as possible. Without assuming.

Drago

Legendary Member

In my time I've dealt with racial abuse where the victim was IC1. The legislation draws no distinction on any race (or protected characteristic), only that the incident be either motivated or aggravated by it. Therefore, no race, colour or creed is disadvantaged.

For reasons I neither know nor care about, racism towards IC1 victims doesn't get the same level of media attention, and this is why some folk have the impression that IC1 folks are somehow disadvantaged. Take it from an ex-practitioner, there's plenty of it dealt with by the dibble, it's simply massively under represented in the media.

That's how the legislation works. There have been policies, official or unofficial, that aren't quite so independent or credible, but that's a different matter to the one at hand that our OP has endured.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Isnt calling white people icey ones a little bit racist ?

No, although it's instructive that someone who attempts to discuss the topic is lazily accused of racism.

Ic 1 etc is copper speak, but it merely refers to white, (northern and southern European )black, Asian, etc - it does not demonstrate hostility to the group referred to.

If we are to have laws around racism, we have to have definitions.

Often the words used are clearly racist, but not always.

When I moved to the North East, I was confused to hear criminals refer to coppers as 'black bastards' when the coppers were clearly white.

Turns out it's a reference to the colour of the uniform, which is as close to black as makes no difference.

Slick

Guru
No, although it's instructive that someone who attempts to discuss the topic is lazily accused of racism.

Ic 1 etc is copper speak, but it merely refers to white, (northern and southern European )black, Asian, etc - it does not demonstrate hostility to the group referred to.

If we are to have laws around racism, we have to have definitions.

Often the words used are clearly racist, but not always.

When I moved to the North East, I was confused to hear criminals refer to coppers as 'black bastards' when the coppers were clearly white.

Turns out it's a reference to the colour of the uniform, which is as close to black as makes no difference.
I think it was supposed to be funny.

Top Bottom